Nags knocking me out

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by kpupy13, Feb 10, 2009.

1. kpupy13

kpupy13 Private E-2

Let me start by saying you all have a great site and it is well appreciated. Usually when I have any problems I can come here ,do a little readingand figure it out. So again thank you in that regards. Unfortunately this is not one of those times. I do not believe this is a " virus " type situation but more of deleted/added program thing. I will post these 2 nag screens with a little history with them. It seemed to start with the install of my new all in one HP.L7680. Turns out it was a corrupt install cd, but before that was found out I called HP's Solution Center and let this jabrone take over my computer remotely. About 3 hours later he figured out the install cd was bad so he downloaded what was needed from their help site. He said he wanted to make sure all the files from my bad cd were erased/uninstalled, so I watched him go here and there deleting stuff. A few days later I restarted my PC and there they were. And YES I did call them back, bad idea. Nag 1 is when I try to click on one of my hard drive letters to open up ( C,F,K,J ). And the other Nag2 pops up after a restart ( desktop loaded and everything. Thanks !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
  2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Sorry that I can't help you, but I'm certain that some here can and will.
    All I can do for you is say Welcome to Major Geeks.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You need to post in the software section...but I suggest you first call back and have them send you a new cd. You are missing system files or folders.

4. kpupy13

kpupy13 Private E-2

Hi Tim W, yes my new cd is on the way, if my pc is missing files it should not be from HP as the Tech downloaded it ( install program/same as cd ) directly from HP solution Center. I've actually gone to the measure of uninstalling then reinstalling the HP software to make sure it wasn't something having to still do with the HP all in one. Also I will get this moved to the appropriate forum area. Thanks !

5. TimW

If you don't have C:\RECYCLER then you are missing things. :(

Post in software and more people will check the thread. Few look at the Welcome Center.

6. kpupy13

kpupy13 Private E-2

Tim W , the forum keeps telling me my attachment are already loaded in this forum here and will not let me reattach them when i try to move this to the software section. help !!

7. TimW

Give me a sec. to remove the ones in this thread..then you should be able to attach to the new thread. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds