Hello from California. Also issue with virut.56

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by usb20, Feb 22, 2009.

1. usb20

usb20 Private E-2

Hello yall.
    I have been working in the IT industry for over 12 years. I am no genious or by any means a know it all. I am however a natural tinkerer. I have my ccna and my A+. Worked at Apple tier 2 for over a year and a half. I was one of the head team leads for Leopard release team. Good times getting a new os 3 days before its release. Ya blah blah blah. Hello fellow nerds and what not. I work for a 2 million dollar up and coming tech support company. Anyways just joining the the crew here at MGSF.

Ya so i well have an updated post with the virut.56 that i have. I am also tring to make a new bootable iso with part "Bart's Preinstalled Environment (BartPE) bootable live windows CD/DVD" and some other tools for maleware removal as well as some tools to deal with basic settings. My target is mostly xp but i know as you all do that i have to deal with vista crap. I well update as much as possible. usb20

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's....you will find that our Malware removal instructions are very effective for most all problems. You can review them here:
    READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Hope to see you around the forums..:)

3. usb20

usb20 Private E-2

Ya i am hoping to implament a bootable iso that can resolve this infection as it seems to be one of the most infections problems. Its really hard to remove as it infects all exe files. But for the time being its my major target. I have had 3 machines using different machines with the same problem. Another issue is this infections can infect over networks and over usb drives. Its a beast to get rid of I have yet to find a tool that can remove this infection. I have tried all of ur tools and them some. It just gets to a point where the computer needs B/F/R = "Back up" "Format" "Reinstalled" Even in that endavor this infection can reside/ Always resides in memory. Its a pain to get rid of. Any suggestions besides the tools you have listed?

4. TimW

If you are referring to the infection that overwrites your system files as well as the backups in the i386 folder, then no as we have seen this add about 16,xxx bytes to those files and the next one we see it has increased the number of bytes it adds. We have not had or seen any way of effectively removing these extra bytes. So far, the only action we can suggest is to save data and do a complete format and re-install.

5. TimW

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

7. Skyliner

Skyliner Private E-2

Hi there,

I let my son's friend use my PC and the next day my PC had the "Virut" Virus.
    It spread through my entire system. Grrrrrrrrrr

I note you mention "Virut. 56." So I'm assuming there is only one version of the "Virut" virus.

I was able to remove it to the Chest of my AV ..."Avast Antivirus".

Don't know if that's any help to you or not.

Skyliner.

8. Skyliner

Skyliner Private E-2

EDIT.

I've just noticed it's the Virut32 that I have.

See post below

Skyliner

9. TimW

Skyliner...you need to start your own thread.

But welcome to MG's also. :)

Please note the earlier posts (#2) in this thread. You need to follow the instructions in the malware forum.

10. Skyliner

Skyliner Private E-2

Hi TimW and thank you for your welcome message.

I posted my message in the hope that it may have been
    of some help to usb20
    ie...My Avast AV managed to pick up the "Virut" Virus and
    I was then able to send it to the Virus Vault.

Apologies if I got it wrong.
    Skyliner.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds