READ & RUN ME FIRST Before Asking for Support

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by butterfly090965, Mar 4, 2009.

1. butterfly090965

butterfly090965 Private E-2

Hi all,

I just wanted to inform you that I used the instruction given in Read and Run Me First and I was able to remove the malware. I understand that I need to send you some information, I just do not know how.

I wanted to thank you for your information and your time and if you would like for me to send you all the different logs I have please let me know.

All good things,

Maria:celebrate

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Glad it worked for you. :)

It's up to you whether you follow up with logs. Generally, after you have gone through the whole process, it's worth it since sometimes the malware is still hiding and come back.

Here are instructions on how to attach your logs:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

Just start a new thread in the Malware forum and attach them. They are very busy in there, so it could take a few days. Once your logs are posted, don't post in your thread until you hear from them. They take oldest threads first.

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hello there :)

All you would have to do now having followed thru our removal procedures, is to create a thread in the malware removal forum-- attach the 4 requested logs--give a brief description of what's been/is happening, and wait for one of us to get back to you with a set of instructions. Please be aware that we work threads on a oldest to newest basis, so there is a queue, but someone will respond pretty quickly, don't worry.

The four requested logs being:

• SUPERantispyware
    • MalwareBytes
    • Combofix
    • Mglogs.zip

The information in the Read and Run me First link explains all about how to retrieve these logs.

Best of luck, and welcome :wave
    Kes13!

EDIT--damn Laura--you're QUICK!LOL

4. butterfly090965

Thanks again Laura. Will try it. One more thing. I am a little conserned about a couple of things:

1. I have downloaded all those programs--spybot, combpfix, superantispy, malwarebytes. Do I keep them? Do I use any of them or all? How often? Do I leave them on my desktop?

2. I recall disabling some stuff I believe when I was doing the last steps in combofix or MGtools. I am thinking I was supposed to go back and enable--but I am so lost at this point... I think the holy spirit to over for me after a while couse I just can't remember a thing! lol. If you could guide me with the #2 concern I would be very grateful.

all good things,
    Maria

5. butterfly090965

Thanks for the link to the malware forum.

6. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Kes, for the record, that greenish avatar is sexy. Just so you know ;)

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

8. Kestrel13!

Thanks Mimsy-- :-D I should revert to the woman with the spikes in her head?

9. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Nah... I like this one. It's more you ;)

10. Kestrel13!

;) Then I'll keep it

11. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

What??!! DId someone say sexy??? (Cake is code for sexy, ya know!! LOL )

12. Kestrel13!

if it's cake you're after TimW then you better hurry up and catch Augie before his birthday's over :-D LMAO

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds