Help PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by PartOne, Apr 18, 2009.

1. PartOne

PartOne Private E-2

I changed my vista admin password three nights ago and cannot remember what I changed it to!! I know...idiotic! I have tried to use some retieval programs but am totally out of my depth trying to use them. Vista was pre installed on laptop so no disc. Can someone please point me in the direction of an idiot proof program that will solve my dilemma!! Thank you

2. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Hi! And Welcome To MajorGeeks
    If you post in software you'll have a better chance at someone looking at it.
    In the mean time while you wait have a look around and enjoy your stay.
    And watch out for that Joey character.:duck :-D

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

yes watch out for joey :-D ;)

A warm welcome to the forums :)

4. PartOne

PartOne Private E-2

Ermmm who is Joey??? I am now just at the end of my tether with this vist crap!!

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Better watch it Private. Might have to sign you into anger management.:-D
    And welcome to Major Geeks.;)
    ( Time for joeyoffthestreets to make an appearance.)rolleyes

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

7. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Ya right, blame Vista for this too.rolleyes :-D Anyways, welcome aboard.:)

8. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Welcome to the MG forums, PartOne. :wave
    Take no notice of the gossip mongers, especially bigtrucks. (*sotto voce* She's got issues with a slight case of mistaken identity a while ago).

@ Kestrel. You can talk! Stirrer :p

Well, Vista is crap, so I've been led to believe. Blame it for everything.

9. augiedoggie

At least you admitted to having never used it.;) Someone will always hate something just because it's new and a bit different and who haven't done their homework. People said the same thing about XP back in 2K1, no drivers, old '98 software doesn't work etc. etc. I want my '98 back! :crybaby :-D

I'm on Vista fulltime now and I couldn't stand going back to XP so much that I spent a day getting rid of it and reinstalling Vista on C partition. I'm not alone either.:)

10. Kestrel13!

:grouphug NO you're not Augie ... I :heart Vista :yum

wha...? :innocent

11. joey off the street

You're so right, Augie, I'm going on other folks' opinions :-o I'm hoping to upgrade before the end of next month (thank feck I kicked the wife out to work :-D). Is it worth installing Vista onto there and giving it a shot? Advice on pros and cons, please.

Righty dokey. ditto.

12. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

That 'Joey' guy is a lightweight! Watch out for that crazy Fred guy. That nut is certifiable. :-D

Kinda funny people want Windows to have a more secure OS, then want an easy way to get the admin password?:confused

To the OP, If you have another account with admin privileges, try resetting the main password from that account. If that is not an option, perhaps someone else can tell you more. I hate to say 'just Google it', but I did and found several links for software to recover/change the password in Vista, but I am not sure about linking to them because I have no way of knowing if they are good programs or perhaps links to malware.

13. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Hey Fred. Better stop talking about Fred.
    :confused:-D;)

14. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Ooops. I will stop talking about F:***. :-D Don't want to wake him up.

15. augiedoggie

As much as I like Vista, I like Windows 7(next MS OS) as good or better, especially in the security area as it's not as intrusive and loads faster, I still have to decide and that will be when I can try out the 'Release Candidate' on May 6th. The sale of it is either this fall( pre-installed for the Christmas rush) or earliesh next year. Halo will have better info than I do.

I would really wait Joey, at this point in time as it's close to release as OS's go, and I don't know the price structure it will have either as that's way too early. If you haven't done so yet, run Vista Advisor first to see how your machine stacks up.

16. augiedoggie

Well said! MS got bashed on security lapses with XP's for ease of use out of the box and are now getting bashed for too much security with Vista! They're between a rock and a hard place!

W7 seems to have found a median position, at least from what I've seen so far and I'm no security expert, just a regular user. As to the OP's query, perhaps a Linux disk can do it but I have no experience with that and Vista. I know it works with XP. That's all I have.

If that doesn't work then the OP will have to get the restore disks and wipe it clean. I hope there's nothing important on there.

17. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

You're Absolutely Right! I thought you were a half way descent person

OOOPSS
    There goes my mistaken identity again.roflmao

And as far Kestrel you're more of a "stirrer then her. :p:-D

BTW PartOne Did you get your password problem solved yet?

18. Kestrel13!

Yes Joey, put ya big wooden spoon away! LOL

19. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

QFT LOL I have a hard time going back to my XP desktop :-D

Welcome to the forums:wave

20. Kestrel13!

stuck on mine now rolleyes still need to organise a vista compatible modem :mad (get motivated, Emms!!)

21. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

stop slacking and get movin :p LOL

22. joey off the street

[​IMG]

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT!!!!

[​IMG] :-D​

WHO THE HELL RATTLED FRED'S CAGE?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  23. Kestrel13!

it takes time...and effort :-D

24. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I think you scared the OP off. :-D Bunch of nuts!

Did you get your problem sorted out OP?

25. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Takes one to know one:p

OP has a post in software forumrolleyes

26. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Like I am freaking post psychic. :-D I only get emails on posts I subscribe to! :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds