Search doesn't find all my postings

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by 3strokes, May 12, 2009.

1. 3strokes

3strokes Private E-2

Hi
    I am referring to "Search" in this Forum. When I log in and want to see—immediately— if there is a reply to a posting of mine, I use the "Search" feature (search for my username "3strokes"). It shows me some of my (quite) older postings but not my newer ones.

Cheers

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Does it have a spot at the bottom for going to page 2?

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

When you perform a search, do you go to the 'Advanced' option? If you do that, it will give you the option of doing a 'username search'. I just did it and it pulled up all my posts, even one I did right before performing the search.

Your other option, and, imo, a better one is subscribing to your thread and enabling instant email notification when there is a reply.

Yet another option is clicking on your username in a thread (this is if you are already in one you have posted in) and clicking on 'find all posts'.

4. 3strokes

3strokes Private E-2

Thanks for the reply.
    In answer to your question : "No" (I don't have that many postings or threads :wave)

5. 3strokes

3strokes Private E-2

Been there, done that. However this method still misses a couple of ones.

Yes, that seems to be the best "alternative".

Yes, that's a good one, although I only think of it AFTER I've gone manually searching. And if memory serves, I can also do that my going to my user CP
    which does offer to show me all subscribed threads. Just came back from there and yes, this method works too.

Thanks to all who have replied. Great forum where everyone's friendly and helpful..............

Last edited: May 13, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds