How to bypass 'Password Protection'

Discussion in 'Software' started by Griff50, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griff50

Griff50 Private E-2

Yep I've gone an' did it too!!!!....I casually started my puta and found "Please Enter Password" come up on my screen!, and for the life of me I've forgotten what the heck it was.
    So, my question is this is there a keyboard sequence to gain access to the system setup screen to bypass the password and turn it off as the normal "delete" key does not work nor do any others that I attempted, I've got one of these older Optima machines my daughter uses, and she's about to string me up If I don't get the thing working.
    Any Ideas folks?, I would certainly be most appreciative!.

Thanks
    Griff50

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Restart in safe mode...she may not have password protected that. Then you can reset your passwords.

3. Griff50

Griff50 Private E-2

Thanks for attempt Tim, but hey I consider myself to have a reasonable bit of nouse about these things, and as you should know there is no 'safe mode' until you can actually get into the system in the first place.....
    What I have been trying is all of the companies bypass's to get into DOS so I can actually deactivate the password, failing that I will simply remove to Dos pin on the board and have it reset itself!, and then get straight in to the Dos that way......What do you reckon?.

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

If I am understanding you, you are prompted for a password before the OS loads? If it is a desktop computer and that is the case, you should reset the BIOS by clearing the CMOS. With the computer off, unplug it, and look for the CMOS jumper. Once you clear it, the password prompt should be gone, or set to the factory default.

5. Griff50

Griff50 Private E-2

Dumluc & Tim,
    Thanks for reply's and very simplistic attempts to clarify your own positions on the matter,
    But, here it is...you have both completely missed the point!....
    I am siting in front of this computer which will not boot to the system !!!!!!!., so having read all the available litterature on manufacturers bypass techniques, I am now at the stage of doing the board pin solution and was just wondering if we had a Geek who could give some sound advice regarding outcomes!.

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

@Griff50
    The members here do a sterling job helping those with problems and sometimes start with the basics just in case the person asking for help has missed an obvious point.
    Sarcasm is not the way to get the team treat you with respect, just have a little patience.

7. jconstan

jconstan MajorGeek

Follow Fred_G's suggestion.

8. barbra53

barbra53 Private E-2

I am not only locked out because my grand daughter forgot her password, but my pc does not have a "press F_ key" spot. It opens directly to the windows screen. I cannot remove her password by cd because the drive is not recognized. Another problem I will have to remedy. I suspect that she may have picked up a virus from my space. Even my USB drive claims "overload" when I plug it in. My laptop crashed and I have had to revert to my regular pc that I had given the grand kids.

I am unemployed at present and cannot afford the solutions offered online. Any hope of help?
    :cry

9. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

As soon as you power it up,,,start pressing f8 and don't stop tapping it until it either gives you the safe mode options or boots to welcome screen. You need to tell us what brand and model computer we are talking about, as some have a restore partition that may allow you to press f12 at start up. Let us know. (BTW...check your mail).

10. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Do you have another computer you can stick the hard drive from this one in?

Assuming you can eventually boot the offending one you may have to do some repairs to Windows and saving the information on the hard drive is a good precaution.

11. barbra53

barbra53 Private E-2

I can learn to do that if it will work on a laptop. Might as well, work here is very hard to come by so I have lots of time. That way I can make sure the drive is still operable. Thank you. I will post when I try this out.:p

12. its not illegal to help unless you use it for illegal reasons or distributing property .. read up on your laws a a citizen and rights wake up major geeks!! <snip>

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2013
  13. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Wake up yourself - this thread has been dead for more than four years rolleyes

14. Lmao ignorance is bliss . Now i see why the is a dead back book of googles archive. Step your skills and game up . And watch you say. Your not invisible inshory **** this site and the wannabe script kiddies who run it. Your not even on my level. Of pc skills just a bunch of old retired old men an punk middle age punks . With no life job or. Motivation but a pc in a basement somewhere. Fall back and stop while your still ahead . We are anonymous. Expect us we are legion

15. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

LOL, learn a little grammar please. Bye!

16. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Where do these people come from ?? I thought I was reading Hieroglyphics. Thanks Major Attitude for saying what I was thinking, but in a much nicer way. ;)

17. AtlBo

AtlBo Major Geek Extraordinaire

For a guy who can't follow rules, you seem to have not broken a single one. There isn't a rule against providing the comedy for the day...

You can I suppose figure out a way to not break one now, of course, but it's already too late in my book. You definitely made two posts without breaking a rule...

Just my opinion

For what it's worth

:-D

18. MadMal

MadMal Corporal

Typical troll delusions of grandeur but in reality just a nuisance

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Don't think I have met you yet, but that there is funny. :-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds