what is this obsession with tattoos

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BILLMCC66, Jun 17, 2009.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

she fell asleep while he was doing his work:confused
    I have a couple of tattoo's and there is no way i was falling asleep;)
    Especially on your face it would be to painful for me to fall asleep.

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I don't have any but when i was a marine some of the other guys got them (usually when drunk) and they said it was painful.

It has just been reported on the local news here that the girl has reached an out of court settlement with the tattoo guy (what a surprise) plus the cost of the removal by lazer treatment.

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I have a couple of tattoos, but who the hell gets them on their face?? Btw, you don't fall asleep while getting tattoos...unless you are really really drunk. She's full of it. I'm thinking she just regrets her decision.

'sides, look at the guy! :eek

5. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I don't know about the rest of the world but here just about every girl you see now has a tattoo of some sort,mostly on the lower back so it shows when they wear a short tee shirt.

I am not anti tattoo but all i said to my daughter was remember it's for life and does not wash off, think how much you will like it when your 50 or 60.

6. LauraR

I got mine when I was in my 30s. I had always wanted one but never had the nerve and couldn't think of what I wanted.

I have two girls. We told them none until they are 21, or we are done paying for college. I'm not too sure how cool they think it is anyway now that their mom has one. :-D

7. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

That'll do it:-D

"Trois Stars,Trois stars!"

roflmaoroflmaoroflmao

8. Rikky

I never would have guessed you have tattoos Laura

Totally agree I think she's lying,she's just shocked at other peoples reactons once she got home.

Even though I'm not a tattoo person if a girl had 56 tattoos on her face I'd be interested in who she is and assume she's lots of fun and up for anything:-D

9. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

No way you can be asleep during a Tattoo, especially on the face. Maybe if you’re heavily drugged, or something. I tend to believe the Tat Artist that she need a B.S. excuse when her father and boyfriend freaked out. The Tattoo dude probably is getting more than the settlement in increased business due to the publicity, anyway.

10. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Yeah a real tattoo artist wouldnt risk his reputation to do something like that against what the person wants. the girl is full of it, obviously. but in her defense, a tattoo artist should have either refused to do the work on her face or at least tried to talk her out of it. If she was that wasted that she really did fall asleep, he shouldnt have done it either.

i have 5 tattoos, but id never get one on or above my neck. have to be able to cover them up in a business setting.

11. oldandconfusedagain

oldandconfusedagain Private E-2 <i>emeritus</i>

GEEEEEEZUS......I thought I was nasty to look at!

12. LauraR

Now what is that supposed to mean, Rikky?? :-D

Mine aren't in a hugely visible place. I decided that I didn't want them anywhere that if I was really dressed up, it would ruin the look. (like some of those celebrities in their black tie dresses with a big ole tattoo on their arm or back rolleyes)

13. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

[​IMG]

Look at the belt buckle: Sexy indeed!

14. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Nuts.. She definitely knew!!!!!!!! At the same time the Tatoo artist should have known better - as to what would look good/artistic. Simply refuse or your rep and business is at stake..

15. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Fell asleep my aunt fanny LOL

16. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

I have fallen asleep during tattooing.

but then again, I have around a hundred hours of tattoo work :D

17. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

Probably not:

[​IMG]

18. darlene1029

Yours are so large and I have heard people say after a while it's more of an annoyance, that's probably what put you out, maybe?
    Kind of like going to sleep during labor.

19. LauraR

oh, dear god....are those plugs in his nose????? :puke

20. darlene1029

I know, it's not the tats that I mind or even some piercings but that's way too many AND the implants under the skin, some look like small horns, thats creepy. to me anyway

21. Burning_Monkey

Burning_Monkey MajorGeek

it's just getting used to it. my back took a long time and I seriously got to the point were I could almost doze off while being tattooed. It was the start and stop that would wake me up, or single needle lines.

I HATE SINGLE NEEDLE LINE WORK!!!

22. darlene1029

When I was 13 and going with my first husband he wanted to put a star, teardrop, something I forgot just what on my face. He used a neddle wrapped with thread and indian ink, by hand. I was afraid it would hurt so had him try it on my hand first.
    Thank God it hurt or I would have looked like I did hard time. Bad enough I've gone through life with a dot on my hand.

23. Rikky

I got my ear pierced twice when I was sixteen the day school exams ended,I wore them for about two,three years then decided they looked a little Gay or none hetero I should say so stopped wearing them,I still prick stuff through the holes when drunk with a few friends though.

That's my wildest piercing tattoo adventure.:-D

24. Lanfear

Lanfear Private First Class

I have one on each side of the back of my shoulders. I almost fell asleep during both of them. The Tat compressor acts as a white noise generator and you just drift off.

25. LauraR

On your face though?? I seriously doubt it. Shoulders are fleshy so a little different.

Either way, I think the girl got a really bad reaction and made up her story.

26. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

And satellite dishes in his ears.....
    The specs really compliment the overall effect, though.
    Got to agree about the pain level getting tats. It's like someone burning you with a fag. Tats on the back, shoulders, chest, arms, nowhere near as sensitive as the face. She is obviously mental as anything. (Live it up.)

roflmao

27. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

It's so his girl friend can lead him around with.

28. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

I just get an urge to find the biggest magnet I can get my hands on and wave it at the tattoo artist every time I see that picture of him. :-D:-o
    (Course, I have a weird sense of humor anyway.)

29. darlene1029

I don't think any artist will tattoo you when your drunk like they use to

30. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

I have three tattoo's. Really two I guess, but I sat in the chair three times. I had a dragon on my leg, and the chinese symbol for love on my right forearm. After a while, I added the symbol for hate under it, just for contrast. I can say, I doubt I would have fallen asleep, my leg tattoo tickled so bad I'm shocked it looks good, and the arms, not bad, but you don't go get a tattoo to catch up on your Zzz's.. Just from excitement, you wouldn't sleep in my opinion. It does make me itch for a new one though. LOL

31. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

32. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

If anyone doubted that she lied in the first place...lol...

33. darlene1029

34. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I think if i was inclined to get a tattoo i would :crap my jeans if i went into his shop and saw him.

35. darlene1029

Most tattoo artists look like that any more. Well he does do nice work :cool

36. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

I only have a lil' one. I always remember the wife of the man who did mine .. she had her eyebrows tattoed on :-D

tat.jpg

37. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Holy Geez! I don't even have pierced ears, and that pic made me laugh out loud! :-D How n the world does he eat anything? And heaven forbid, he catches a cold! Noooo, I think I can live without any of that...

Even tho my cousin does it for a living, he is pretty weird himself! :-D

38. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

The only way she would be a sleep through it is if she had a little help to put her to sleep.
    I'm not against it but I've got enough pain to deal with naturally never mind poking me with pins and needles.( eew I hate needles.) as shivers run down her back)
    If a person wants to rearrange what their parents gave them then so be it. Just don't come back crying boohoo because the parent doesn't like it. Think about the repercussions before the damage is done not after. If you're goonna do it then do it to please yourself. You have to live with it, no one else.
    Got to admit it was a bit much being on one side.

39. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

40. murderhigh187

murderhigh187 Private First Class

I was gonna copy Steve-o and get a tattoo saying "Your name" on my @ss

:-D

but then I got sober

41. LauraR

Omg...some of those are just creepy...like all the 'celebrity' ones. I mean, come on, Pee Wee Hermann?? wtf

And those poor people with their kids on them...they don't even look like their pics.

42. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

My tattoo guy also does air brushing, did this car a while ago and it was everywhere.

Link

[​IMG]

43. darlene1029

What does the symbol say Kes?

44. darlene1029

That :crap isn't even art, the photos are horrible, all that and considering what tats cost, wow!
    President Jimmy Carter on someones butt, that's disrespectful, not an honor, freak.

45. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Here's one who had a skin disease and decided to tattoo instead. There is a show in the states called LA Ink and some of those are just fantastic, comparable to the airbrushed car above. None for me thank you, I have better things to spend my money on.

46. murderhigh187

murderhigh187 Private First Class

actually I think that was the point lol :-D

47. darlene1029

oh :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds