Newbee introducing myself

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by rustyjack, Jun 25, 2009.

1. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hi there rustyjack here from the UK newbee to these forums but have been using MG for quite some time and found site to be quite safe and downloads too,a fairly intelligent sort but still learning every day about comp probs, vista runner but not vista supporter but as i once read, might aswell get used to it because its here to stay unfortunately.rolleyes
    Now i need to know where to place my post can someone point me in the right direction my comp keeps showing two sets of C:\Program Files when typed into start.:confused

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and a warm welcome to the forums :wave

You would be better off posting in software as you will recieve assistance quicker :)

3. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

Welcome to MG :wave

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

welcome rustyjack, are you running Vista 64 bit? If so, then it's totally normal. One is for 32 bit programs and the other is for 64 bit. Otherwise, if this ain't it, make a new thread.

5. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Cheers augiedoggie for the reply, but no my sys is 32bit !:(

6. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Cheers for the reply augiedoggie, but no my sys is 32bit !:(

7. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Cheers Kestrel13! and thanks for the peace, love and empathy they say love is a battlefield i think Vista has taken it's place. LOL !

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome aboard..

9. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Well hey there rustyjack and welcome to the best forums around. Check out the rest of the place as you will find interesting things and people here. There's a great group of people but if you stay around and I strongly believe you will, you 'll find out for yourself. So enjoy yourself.

10. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Rustyjack, hello and welcome to the Geekery as a fully fledged member. :wave
    Another Brit to add to the ranks.
    No point explaining what a great place this is, as you already know.
    You also probably know that bigtrucks is a bigmouth. With a bad attitude. :p
    Glad to have ya. Jack, not bigtrucks. :-D

11. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome, rustyjack :wave to the greatest place for any computer info! Hey, you got ??? We got the answers! :-D

Glad to have ya! ;)

12. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hey joey off the street ther's something about your avatar that reminds me of our lass !

13. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

:wave and welcome to MG's!! I have to tell you that you will certainly enjoy this forum :)

14. joey off the street

roflmao

You wanna hope she don't see that. Hope you got a good lawyer if she does, guy. Or a good dentist.

15. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

:confused[​IMG] Did you even READ what RusyJack Said.
    I say let's take this to the lounge and see what others thinkLOL

16. joey off the street

Yes, I read and fully comprehended exactly what jack said. It had me roaring with laughter. You think I'm a knucklehead or something? Don't answer that....anyone.
    And I say, why don't you go to the Lounge on your own, sit in a dark corner and stop sticking your nose into languages you don't understand. :major :p

17. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Our lass seen my quote so dub ameboby no a gub demtipt pleab my jaw is achimb !! LMAO ! roflmao

18. joey off the street

roflmao (again.)
    I tell you what, I was posting some jokey little things about wor lass when I first came here, confident she wouldn't be interested in this kind of thing. But now and again she'll have a quick squint through the forums so I stopped.
    She hasn't got much in the way of a sense of ironic or sarcastic humour but she can throw a mean right. :boxing I've had many a dead arm and leg. Yet to visit A&E, though. Or the dentist. LOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds