Read and Run Me

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by rustyjack, Jun 26, 2009.

1. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Done a full read & run me things seem to be working better but i couldn't run the Root Repeal and after it all i am still getting "application couldn't initialise on shuttting down", not too sure how to post the logs either and haven't done a HJT Log yet either can you let me know what to do now.
    Lots of THANKS to Major Geeks ! :clap

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

youll want to make a new post in the malware section and post your logs there. only run what is asked for in the read and run me. HJT is not part of the procedure, so you dont have to include that.

3. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

My "Welcome!" also, KingSteve.

Just to expound abit -
    When you run the MGTools.exe program - a "re-named" HJT log will be produced and included in the MGLogs.zip that you attach - not post... to a reply in your created malware thread.
    See: HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

dr.m

4. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

I am really new to this forum so please b patient with me and i'm just learning my way around, i can't even seem to find my original post so i like to be helped not criticised.

Thankyou !

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hey nobody is crtitcising don't you worry ;) anyone who does will have to face me :-D We were all new at it once! Easiest way to locate your thread is to go to your USER CP top left of the page, there you will find a list of your subscribed threads, click "view all subscribed threads" and you'll see the full list (which will grow if you stay with us! hehe)

Need any help just yell!

HERE'S
    your thread in malware removal -- you do need to attach the logs though before much assistance can be offered to you.

6. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

:innocent

There was no "criticism" given...I merely clarified a step in our procedures that saved you time , possibly edited posts , and addition replies needed to begin receiving our help, rustyjack.

dr.m :major

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI Rusty

Just wish t expand on Dr M's post above and in no way did he mean to critisise you at all as Dr M is one of our Malware Experts and is very patient with users that are infected with malware in helping them to remove this pest, he knows only too well like the rest of us how stressful malware can be.

We do at times use standard boilerplates or text to add to threads as its quick and easy and they while I can see look curt in nature, they are not ment to be, its just that with the amount of posts relating to malware its quick and easy for us to post standard replies, and I hope you understand this as we all devote freetime to helping others and quick answers are all e can give so to allow us to devote time to the nitty gritty of an issue.

Regards
    David
    Majorgeeks Admin

8. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Sorry DM just thought you where havin a whinge @ me must have misunderstood SORRY !;)
    P.S seem to av sorted out my probs anyway without sending in logs THANKS to MG

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Rustyjack

I would still attach the logs to your malware thread as while the main malware maybe gone there are likely to be some components left that could still cause issues, malware is sneeky. So best to get a full all clear.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds