Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by rsta1, Sep 11, 2009.

1. rsta1

rsta1 Private E-2

Hi all, just thought Id say hello to you all!

Its been a few years since i was on this site. had a problem with a virus which you helped me fix! Thanks again for that! Can't remember my old username and my email has changed since then so joined up fresh today as a newbie.

So Im back again with another problem regarding websites not loading. Going to have a look around the forums and see if I can find a solution!

Rsta :)

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

Hello and welcome, people may take you to another section but Id suggest the software section first. Then if its not that then do the malware section.. and do the read and run and posting of the logs again.

3. rsta1

rsta1 Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome Silas :)

It only happens on certain websites which i would like to visit more often than I can.
    The pages does not load and says Oops! This link appears to be broken.

I got a this new laptop recently and its frustrating that I can't use it to visit those sites. I wonder is it my wireless connection? I will have another search around here and see if I can find anyone else who has posted this question before.

4. rsta1

rsta1 Private E-2

Where can I find this??

Tks

5. silas

silas MajorGeek

It could just be something without malware but so maybe figure that out in software, tell them what your specs are in your computer, tell them what you got for internet. What is going on. They give you ideas and suggestions.. if nothing works try this malware link http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 Once done and follow all parts, in order, exactly as they ask you to. People skip parts and feel they don't need to do so. Post all logs even if nothing comes up on them.

6. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome, rsta1 :wave, it may have something to do with the browser you are using... Try to post in software, and be sure to post your OS (XP, Vista?) and what browser you are using... ;)

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

8. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Well this is a double welcome.Welcome rsta1 as a nubby and welcome back to the previous member. They'll get you up and running as they did before.Probably even faster and better as we have a new fighter. Enjoy the place.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds