How do I contact the webmaster?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Pete22, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Pete22

Pete22 Private First Class

Hello My Geeky Friends,

I found a strange problem with one of the downloads but can not figure out who the webmaster is so I can give them the information.

Its usually at the bottom of the page, but that looks like someone to contact for adding an ad.

I tried contacting one of the administrators yesterday, but I think the person thought it was spam.

I would put the message here, but I dont want to confuse the newbies.

Thanks for your great site. I use it almost every day.
    Pete22

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Was it a bad link? It's on the top right of the download page.

LOL, post it anyways. Those guys are pretty busy and I doubt you'd confuse anyone anyways.:)

3. Pete22

Hello Augie:

The link is fine. But the file has been tampered with. http://majorgeeks.com/Adobe_Flash_Player_d5163.html This should be the file to download the newest flash player.

This file's name is: install_flash_player. This file is 1.83 megs.

When you start to install this file, it still appears to be exactly that. See picture 1.

However, the finished file details tells a different story. See picture 2
    It does not register the file, and it does not run. It appears to uninstall it instead. :confused

The name of the correct file is: install_flash_player_10_active_x. It is 1.87megs. It runs several different processes and then registers the file. See picture 3. When I installed this file instead, file Flash player worked.

I could not get my computers to download from adobe site so I came here. The Majorgeeks file did not work, so I finally had to go elsewhere to get a good copy. :(

I am not sure what happened to majorgeeks' file.

I hope we can save others from dealing with this problem. :)

Pete22

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I have brought it to the attention of the owners. Thank you for the heads up.

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

6. Pete22

:-o The file at the adobe site does not work either. I tried that download first.

I tried the Majorgeeks file next, over and over. :cry

Finally when I saw it was removing instead of installing the file; I looked elsewhere.

Here is a link to a valid file. Maybe you could compare the two files

I depend on you guys for amost all of my downloading, and I assume many others do to.

I am trying to help Majorgeeks get a working copy of this file. :)

Thanks for checking on this.

:confused I wonder if some malware guys have been messing with adobe's files.

pete22

7. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

We don't allow links to other file sites here, especially 3rd rate wannabes, sorry. Link removed, our file works fine.

8. Pete22

ok fine I did not mean to post it for everyone. just for you to compare. If yours is working now, great becuase I spent about 4 hours trying to get it to work last week without success.

cheers.

Pete22

9. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

There is a link to report issues with downloads on the same page, just to the right of middle called 'Report a Bad Link' in red and the owners just jump on that! Good luck eh?:)

Perhaps it's an issue on your end?:confused It's happened to me.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds