thanx to major geek

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by MadcapMagician, Dec 9, 2009.

1. MadcapMagician

MadcapMagician Private E-2

would like to thank major geek for helping me diagnose an irritating issue on my comp... BSOD out of the blue .... finally able to figure out how to read the mini dumps effectively and at least if not know exactly what caused the issue I now know where to look to find the cause of the problem... you know I never had this BSOD problem with linux ... hmmm I wonder if there is something that old billy gates could learn from that simple little fact there.

anyway thanx to the guys that put up the information on reading the DMP files helped out a lot :-D

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG MadcapMagician:wave Glad you found the information so helpful, and also for the thanx;) I know that you may find a lot more info here, if you are interested... Don't know much about linux myself, but I am sure someone who does, will be along eventually, and maybe could put some insight on that..;)

The info here is quite helpful, and it is really nice to hear when someone really appreciates the help. Thank you for letting us know ;)

Also, don't know much about old billy gates either:-D

3. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Hello and welcome.

From my very very limited knowledge of Linux, I understand that Linux loads a core "kernel" and then loads modules on top of that. If a module breaks, it is unloaded and the user is informed.

Windows, however, works on the "start it all at once" principle, and if one component breaks badly, it will BSOD and die.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and a warm welcome :)

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

6. Engineer

Engineer Guest

Welcome to MG..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds