missing post

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by story001, Dec 9, 2009.

1. story001

story001 Private E-2

hi my name is ian story.
    my login name is story001
    i have posted a topic in overclocking and i have log in to day but my post has gone ?
    i posted it about 2-3 weeks ago and had a reply from pclover so i know ity was active find it a bit strange .
    the only thing that has happened witch i think happened to most geeks post was a post about hugg boot (i think was a spam)but i have not deleted the post can a majorf geek shed some light to this
    cheers
    ian

p.s the post was about my asus striker extreme 2 motherboard overclock cheers guys

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi. Is this the thread you're talking about? http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=201920

You can always find your posts by going to your profile and clicking on Statistics. It'll give you the option of finding all posts by you and threads started by you.

:)

3. story001

story001 Private E-2

cheers for that just.
    just a thought does the post have a time limit as i could not find it in overclocking section ?

4. LauraR

It depends on your settings. By default, I think it's a month or so for threads to show. They're still there though. If you go to the forum (overclocking) and scroll down to the bottom, you can change it to see however far back you want.

You can change it permanantly by going to UserCP > Edit Options > Scroll down to Default Age Cut off> Change to whatever you like > Save Settings.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

No time limits so to speak, your last post was from 4th Nov 09 so well within the forum inactive topic area timelimit which if memory serves is a few months, if you have made a newer one then its not showing up at all, even in moderation where some posts due to users using ....... inbetween test or random inline logs get sent.

So if you made a new post then its sadly want sent from your PC.

Sometimes you may get an email alert if you're subscribed to the thread of a new post but if that post is missing then its likely to have been spam or a post that was moved to its own thread to not confuse your issue.

6. LauraR

I'm pretty sure the default is a month, Halo. That was over a month ago, so I think that's what happened.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds