Hello which forum should i post in?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by TewDumb, Dec 11, 2009.

1. TewDumb

TewDumb Private E-2

Hello! So I have done the 'READ & RUN ME' section of the malware removal guide but still feel that I have many things left on my computer. I am not very computer savvy :cry and well I still feel like there is a lot wrong with my computer. I still see things like coolWWWsearch.(random extension) being detected on my spybot S&D and my norton anti-virus is a little outdated.

would this qualify for being posted in the malware removal forums?
    Thank you in advance.

2. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Welcome to MajorGeeks TewDumb!:major

Absolutely on the posting in malware! Just be sure to post the requested logs from running the R & R me so they have what they need to help you.

Good Luck!:cool

3. TewDumb

TewDumb Private E-2

O.k. thank you very much AbbySue, I have one last question to ask, how can I make it so that the first post is on top of the thread as opposed to the bottom? It is really confusing me lol.

4. AbbySue

Your welcome.:)

You don't need to worry about top vs bottom. Just go ahead and start a thread in that forum (with your attachments) and submit it just like you did here. Once your thread is submitted it will go into the queue. If you bump the thread, which means you are replying to it again, it will go back to the bottom of the queue and you will have to wait longer for a response.

Does that help?

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome. :)

In order to get change the posts in a thread from oldest to newest:

UserCP > Edit Options > Thread Display Mode > Select Linear- Oldest First > Save Changes

(This would be the perfect oppurtunity to make a comment to AbbySue, but I won't do that. :-D )

6. TewDumb

TewDumb Private E-2

Yes it helps a lot, thank you guys, I love this place already! :drool

7. AbbySue

uhmmm.....errmmmmm...In my defense I'll fall back on the increased dose of percoet the Dr gave me.:p:-D

8. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Want to do some drug swapping??? You may be having more fun on yours than I am on mine!!

Oh, and welcome to MG's TewDumb!!!!

9. TewDumb

TewDumb Private E-2

Crap, I feel like an idiot asking this AFTER I ran all the requested scans but, was I supposed to make it so my computer shows all hidden files before scanning? Or is it better to keep them hidden? lol

10. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

When you run the MGTools.exe it automatically sets them to show. So you don't have to do a thing about that. :)

11. Engineer

Engineer Guest

Welcome to MG..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds