Greets!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by mccauslind, Aug 15, 2009.

1. mccauslind

mccauslind Private E-2

Hello to you all! I am Dave, a network admin/security guy, computer technician for a school district in Michigan. I used to be an active participant in the asksomeone.net forum that closed down earlier this year, and would like to make majorgeeks my new home.

I will try to stop by at least weekly, and help out if I can. This type of service is very important to provide, especially when I like to use it from time to time myself! :-D

If anyone needs, feel free to msg me.

Dave

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG mccauslind :wave Glad to have ya! Feel free to browse the forums, you can post or answer any except for the malware one... That one is restricted for good reason... Otherwise, jump on in with the rest of us :-D

You are more than welcome here... Sure, pull up a chair, and have a seat while ya defrag! :-D Oh, I couldn't resist that one!;)

Have a look around, and have fun while you are here ;)

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to MGs :)

5. mccauslind

mccauslind Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome! TeeCee, I am not well-versed enough to tackle the malware issues faced by some folks, just yet. I do all right for the most part, but still find myself seeking advice from time to time on boards such as MG to solve the really tough issues!
    That is why I feel the need to "give back" when I am able. ;)

You guys have a great reputation, and I would be honored to be a part of that!

6. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Hi Dave. Great to see another network admin here.
    Hope you'll stick around :)

7. mccauslind

mccauslind Private E-2

Hello!

It's been awhile since I registered here. I hope everyone survived the Holidays! ;)

Happy New Year!

Dave

8. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hello and welcome to MG :wave hope you find everything you need and find your stay a good one ! :)

RJ ! ;)

9. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

:cool

"Happy New Year!" to you too, Dave!

Yep - I survived all the activities surrounding the holidays... now to deal with this cold I caught! :p

How much snow accumulation have you guys had?
    dr.m

10. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Welcome Mccaus,

Don't think this forum will be closing anytime soon. Too many dedicated and loyal volunteers and members. :clap

11. mccauslind

mccauslind Private E-2

We have not had much yet this year... And right now it is right around the freezing mark, so we are apt to lose some that we have right now!

We typically get more snow here later in the winter, when the lake effect comes off of Lake Huron, since we are on the east side of the state. Last year at this time, we had probably around 36 - 45 inches on the ground!

Fortunately, I love winter!:-D

12. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

and welcome mccauslind, I'm glad to see someone with networking, we could sure use the help around here. hope you can visit a little more oftenLOL

BT

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds