Diet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tonyhale, Jan 15, 2010.

1. tonyhale

tonyhale Lounge Lizard No.2

The beautiful one had to go for a check up, as usual I accompanied her. She, the beautiful one had slightly raised blood sugar, and her cholesterol was up a tad. Nothing to worry about really, but the practice nurse wants to keep an eye on her. We sat chatting to the nurse for a few minutes, the nurse asked me how I was, told her I was fine, then, the beautiful one mentioned the fact that I was due to go in for a hip replacement, how’s this for crazy.
    She, the nurse Put ME ON A DIET.
    I was only there to hold the beautiful one’s hand and I finish up having to lose weight :-D

2. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Next time, wait in the car and bring along one of these. [​IMG]

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Oh, Tony, you know she loves ya, and the diet can't be all that bad.. Plus, it will be good for you with your new hip! ;) Oh, it is a wonder what they can do these days! New hips, knees, even knuckles now.. Truly amazing!

4. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

As TeeCee said " Oh, it is a wonder what they can do these days! New hips, knees, even knuckles now " even diets ! :-D:p

Go for it Tony ! ;)

5. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

That'll teach ya.roflmao JK Tony I'm sure it won't be too bad. What kind of diet are you on, if yo don't mind me asking?
    BT

6. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Well good luck Tony, both with the diet and the hip replacement.

I know what you mean with Doctors, etc. I went to the Physio with a bad back, once. All I came out of there with was a diet and exercise plan. If I wanted that, I would have seen the Dietician rolleyes. (My weight was confirmed as normal and above average fitness by my regular Doc., B.T.W.)

Anyway, I hope all goes well for ya, Tony. ;):cool

7. tonyhale

The diet is one i invented myself, I can eat anything I like as long as I swill it down with a decent bottle of Merlot.

8. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

For those who drag theirs? LOL

9. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Darlene, they are replacing knuckles in people with severe arthritis. It is truly amazing what the Ortho surgeons can do today.;)

@ Tony, hubby would really like that diet too! LOL

10. tonyhale

Hi, only if nurse ratchet says its ok. Sounds like things are getting better there.

11. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

LOL Tony, Nurse Ratchet must approve of all diets! LOL
    If I had his cholesterol, I'd eat anything! :-D

Yes, things are going much better now, thank you for asking. He is a tough one, and hard to keep down. BUT, he listens to Nurse Ratchet, as he has no choice roflmao Nurse Ratchet rules!

12. tonyhale

No choice !! much like my house. I'm the boss here, so if I don't want to come from under the table I wont :-D
    Glad to hear things are getting better

13. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I hope all goes well with the hip job Tony.

I don't know if you have all the info about how it will effect you but if they use the sport hip (i have one)

[​IMG]

as opposed to the standard replacement you should be out of bed on the second day with the physio and walking unaided within 1 month.

I am going in to have my other hip and my left knee joint replaced on 25 Feb so we will be able to compare notes.

Good thought heading your way from Belgium.

14. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Good morning, Tony, "don't want to come from under the table I won't " Whoa!!! He doesn't go under the table! LOL Nurse Ratchet wouldn't approve that ! LOL

@ BILLMCC66, best of Luck to ya with your surgery. I have seen some real miracles, with knee and hip and knuckle replacements.. Here, they are using Titanium.. I have seen people with arthritis so bad, they couldn't straighten their hands, it hurt so bad, and was so swollen and hurt, but with those knuckle replacements, it was truly awesome to see a woman open and close her hand for the first time in years without pain. I just marveled at that, and she said it was the first time her hand didn't hurt.. She even had a smile on her face! That is awesome!

Also, I have seen knee and hip replacements, that were equally amazing.. If they do the surgery early in the morning, they have ya up and walking by evening.. The look on these people's faces are truly wonderful to see, as they say, "NO PAIN! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!"

I hope to hear good news from yours also..;)

15. tonyhale

Hi Bill could be somtime in March or April before anything happens, and given the fact that i had a triple bypass a couple of years ago i may have to have a spinal for the job, could be good, I could watch! no problem though years ago I used to work as a theatre tech, seen lots of things sliced open.
    Thank you for your interest

16. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi Tony, the Spinal blocks are not so bad at all. You won't feel a thing. Really, and they won't let you watch, either LOL You can talk to the techs there, they would enjoy that, especially the anaesthesiologist. Hubby had two of them, and said he'd do it again.. Never felt a thing.

Best of Luck to ya Tony, maybe they will let you have a laptop in your room, and you can keep us updated.. COOL! ;)

17. tonyhale

I'll take a couple of mirrors so's i can keep an eye on things.
    Apocalypse Now. I love the smell of Diathermy burning flesh in the morning.

18. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

LOL Tony, If you really want to watch, no need for mirrors! They will set up a Monitor and you can watch and see everything, but they don't want you to faint!! You might have to prove to them you are :strong and you CAN handle it! :-D

19. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I had some work done on my left hand in July last year and it was really strange to hear them breaking bone and not feeling anything.
    They did the block from my forearm but i suspect it is much the same as a spinal block.

Over the years i have had a number of epidurals between L4 and L5 where they have blocked the pain from my legs, they are great but they only last about 3 to 4 weeks and then wear off, i am only allowed 5 per year (don't know why but that is the rule?)

My mom had the bypass done twice 12 years apart and lived a normal life until she was 80 she just had to take the rat poison (warfarin) for her blood, the technology is always improving so it can only get better.

As for me i have got more spare parts than an old Ford (it's fun at the airport) so these new parts will just add to the collection.:-D

I hope you don't have too much pain in the waiting period and best wishes for a healthy life.
    Bill

20. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Bill,

Now I understand your title.

Any of those parts turbo-charged?

21. oldandconfusedagain

oldandconfusedagain Private E-2 <i>emeritus</i>

okay, seems kind of dead, here in the lounge for the last couple of days.
    back to the diet topic.
    try the BANANA diet.
    eat nothing but bananas
    my wife went all out for it a while back

22. oldandconfusedagain

DRUM ROLL, PLEASE................

she didn't lose any weight,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but,,,,,,,,,,

you ought to see her climb a tree:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

23. oldandconfusedagain

Geeeeezus...............I'm pathetic

24. oldandconfusedagain

I guess it wasn't that funny
    maybe I've used it before
    Gawd, I really am pathetic!
    or is that arthritic?
    I'll slink back out now.

25. darlene1029

I just now read it all, thats funny :-D

26. tonyhale

Hi Bill as a matter of interest, how many spare parts have you got. not including false teeth, hearing aids or spectals

27. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Hi Tony
    I have a metal plate in my neck, screws in my right shoulder, a 10 inch plate with 8 screws in my back, a titanium right hip, my right hand has had the splints removed from inside just recently.

Now on February 25 they are going to put a titanium hip in the left side and a new knee joint.

28. darlene1029

Any chance of you walking after the reinforcements?

29. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Hi Darlene
    They tell me i will be able to walk without the crutches after this.
    Seeing is believing, i can only hope.

How are you doing, i hope the breathing is better.

Almost every time i have a cigarette i think of how you gave them up and how much more character you have.

30. tonyhale

bloody hell bill thats amazing, HOPE EVERY THING GOES AS PLANNED with the NEXT HIP JOB AND YOU'LL BE ABLE TO WALK OK. how many grease points have you got :-D:-D
    all the best Bill

31. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Thanks Tony

I am living proof that "we have the technology we can re-build"
    I don't come close to 6 million dollars but i am working on it. (are you old enough to remember Lee Majors?)

I will get a new DVD with the photos when i go in hospital and will post my family album when i have it.

I don't have any grease points but an auto-lube, it's called a coffee percolator.

[​IMG]

32. darlene1029

Hi Bill,
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, I know your hopes were dashed before.
    I'm breathing fine thank you but age keeps giving a person new surprises.
    Not much character involved with my quitting smoking simply could not breath.;)
    I'm really hoping for the best for you. :wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds