Hi! And a question about moderating

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by clevenger, Mar 25, 2010.

1. clevenger

clevenger Private E-2

Hi all...I'm in California and work in one of the many R&D labs around here!

Quick question...I'm working with one of the guys in the Mallware removal forum and replied to a message with a set of logs last night.

This morning I notice my reply that I posted hasn't appeared on the forum yet, is this normal? Not in a hurry, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't made a mistake somehow and not posted my message.

Is there any way to see your own messages that are pending moderator approval, just so I know I didn't goof up?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Its very possible if you posted inline logs instead of attaching them and also using .... in ... the middle.... of your sentences is likely to trip the spam filter and put any post into moderation, so try not to use that style of typing.

looks like this line modRegistry_iniGetString(sFile=system.ini,sSection=boot,svalue=shell) may have been the one that got the post moderated but I have not approved the post and its viewable (TimW would have seen your post as he has admin privelidges so can see moderated posts)

3. clevenger

clevenger Private E-2

Ah! ok...I see now. None of the logs were inline but the instructions did say to tell you about any errors that popped up. Probably wasn't a good idea to quote the error message in the post, maybe I should have put that in a text file and attached it.

Thanks for the info, eases my mind...I was worried I'd done something dumb and lost my post.

You are providing a great service here, congratulations to everyone involved!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Nah nothing you have done at all. If you do have error messages to post maybe using the code tag will help its the # symbol in the advanced reply option (click Go Advanced) highlight the error message text and click the #

Code:
    and this will be the result
    Glad you like the forum and cheers.

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Seen, taken out of moderation, replied to. :)

6. clevenger

clevenger Private E-2

yep, things are going much better now.

Love some of the signature jokes you guys use too :-D

A neutron walks into a bar and asks "how much for a drink", the bartender says "for you, no charge!"

>on a clear disk you can seek forever<

7. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

From that joke, you might fit in here pretty well.

8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I hope I get reincarnated as a neutron,no pesky protons and electrons pushing and pulling you around.

And free beer:-D I can drink quite a bit in 15 minutes...

9. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

:-D

I can tell you're going to fit right in...! Welcome to MGs. :)

10. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Oh yeah welcome:cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds