Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Comixion, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Comixion

Comixion Private E-2

Just an elderly fellow wanting to say hello or "howdy" from Dallas. I have really enjoy the past year or so coming here to learn a few things by reading many of the threads. And finally joining up. I hope to be able to help with whatever I can in return. :)

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to MGs. :)

3. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

I'm from Texas too . Houston, to be exact .

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! :-D How is the Rebublic doing these days, I live next door, but have not been there in a while.

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.:wave

Thought I saw someone peeking around.:-D
    Finally joined up? Better late than never.

6. Comixion

Comixion Private E-2

Just dandy. ;) And I have alot family in your neck of the woods in Monroe and Shreveport.

7. Comixion

Comixion Private E-2

lol...for a minute there I thought someone recognized me. I was a Mod over at PCStats. I think I'll stay here a while.

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Am a member of several, but that one isn't on the list.

9. Comixion

Comixion Private E-2

I kinda retired from it on my own accord. I'm too old for that now. ;)

10. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Too old?
    Lots here, myself included, are older than you are.

11. Comixion

Comixion Private E-2

Yep I noticed. Kinda why I joined up. I feel young again...lol...j/k:p

12. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Watch it, whippersnapper.
    Hate to take you to the woodshed.

13. Comixion

Comixion Private E-2

It won't be my first trip. :cry

14. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Why can I believe that?:confusedrolleyes

15. Comixion

Comixion Private E-2

Well, alot of the sense I have today is what my Dad beat into me. I guess that's a good thing. :) The 60s were a learning experience.

16. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Got relatives in Monroe and Shreveport myself. I see you have a good sense of humor, that goes a long way here. ;)

17. Comixion

Comixion Private E-2

It never hurts to have one IMO. My Dad was the same way and I'm alot like he was. He left us last December at 86.

18. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Wouldnt you know a thread with Texas in the title is bigger and better than the other threads in the Welcome Center .
    :cool

19. Comixion

Comixion Private E-2

What brought me here was about a year or so ago, maybe longer I was needing all sorts of things like HWmonitor, 3DMark06, etc etc etc and I always downloaded everything here and never really paid attention that there was a forum until a few months ago and started reading the threads and found alot of valuable info I needed.

20. Comixion

Comixion Private E-2

lol...as they say........;)

21. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Welcome Comixion.

Yes, this is probably one of the more "senior" tech sites out there, but damn good!!:wave:wave:wave

22. Comixion

Comixion Private E-2

And I feel right at home already. I hope to get to know all you of with time and like I said, hope to be able to help a few with whatever and vice-versa. And again thanks for the big welcome.
    Once I get my last piece of "new" HW in (Video card) I'll be posting pics of my rig and some benchies. I'm no Genius and still have alot to learn but I'm enjoying the hobby. That is, when the grandkids let me. :)
    :wave

23. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

See how you feel when there's a "great" in front of the word grandchildren.:-D
    That 1 word adds a lot of years onto a person.:cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds