Request to join Major Geek unit, Sir!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Skysarge, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

TO: Commander
    Major Geek.com
    Request permission to join unit Major Geek

Self: US Army Staff Sgt, retired (many long years ago.)
    Served with Army Airborne from Asia to Alabama and beaucoup Army posts in between. Former Sky Soldier
    Hobbies - motorcycles; BMW airheads specifically, live and breathe them. Also trying to learn why computers seem to spend more time being tuned, repaired and de-gitched than being operated.

Now - question.
    After posting, getting a response, and replying to response, can one expect occasional delays of a day or more due to ratio of experts to thread starters?
    Thanks,
    Skysarge aka Sarge

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    About the only one to be patient with is the Malware forum.
    (busy fighting the nasty Mals):-D:wave
    Rest depends on the forum posted in.
    Make yourself at home.

3. silas

silas MajorGeek

Salute :major And welcome to MajorGeeks!:wave

4. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

Welcome aboard :major

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Not really, in the malware forum in which your post is in your replies will be picked up as soon as possible, generally next day if one of our malware experts has taken the thread and question on (I see TimW has yours).

Threads in other areas, well it just depends on who know the answer to your question and how to maybe follow it up when you add more information, could be hours could be days, it varies.

The caveate to all of the above is that everyone donates any free spare time to assist others, no-one gets paid, so while majority of core posters to replies will try and get to anything as soon as possible, there are times real live and work etc take over so best to be patient if possible.

hope you enjoy your stay.

6. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Welcome aboard Skysarge, I was going to point you the local gear head forums to pass the time but I see you've already found it! :-D

7. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Welcome!!!

Also trying to learn why computers seem to spend more time being tuned, repaired and de-gitched than being operated.

It's called users. :wave:wave:wave

8. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

Welcome to MajorGeeks Skysarge !

Glad you found us !

Shelagh :)

9. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG, Skysarge:wave I am sure you will find it both fascinating and knowledgeable! Glad you could join us :)

I think you can relax now, we aren't that strict here:-D

10. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Certainly should feel at home, being a former troopie hanging here with all the Brass.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds