New to the forum

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by BiggsAFB, Sep 13, 2010.

1. BiggsAFB

BiggsAFB Private E-2

Retired trucker and have seen this great country from sea to shinning sea a hundred times over. An old goat you might say, but not too old to learn new tricks. Have downloaded more programs from Major Geeks than I can count, some great, some good, and some not so good, but all free, which is most important. Hope to soak up some wisdom from the Geeks that will help me keep my computer in tip top shape. BiggsAFB said that!

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

Hello and welcome to Major :majorGeeks!Like you said its a very good place to get safe downlaods, great help on anything you could think of with computers. :-D

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi there and welcome! :)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey and Welcoem BiggsAFB,

Curious are you at an Air Force Base?

@Emms
    Лили имеют очень резкий запах :)

5. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Welcome aboard, BiggsAFB!

I was Army stationed there - NCOIC at the El Paso Frequency Surveillance Station, '84-'85, out of White Sands - had a good time in El Paso/Juarez.

:major

6. BiggsAFB

BiggsAFB Private E-2

Not since 1961, and have a difficult time remembering when that was...;)

7. BiggsAFB

BiggsAFB Private E-2

Shame on you!!! You'll get a bad name if people think that you were a frequent Juarez visitor;) I take it you were stationed at Ft Bliss or at Biggs after it was was decommisioned. Never was nuts about El Paso until they shipped me to Turkey, then I discovered how good I really had it:-D

8. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Yeah, Juarez was a party town back then. The EPFSS was on Biggs soil, but my HQ was at White Sands, so I didn't have to hang out at Bliss much.

Got another one to throw at you: I spent about 6 months in Turkey, too - Det. 4, Sinop, the armpit of the world! :cry

9. Kestrel13!

I guess we are talking lillies here? :-D What started me on that was the fact that I was leaning out of the window to have a nose when I must have rubbled against the pollen on the flowers and it stained my damn top LoL

10. BiggsAFB

BiggsAFB Private E-2

Kestrel went over my head, but you're not the first one to do that. Caliban, I was stationed at Adana, Incirlik AB to be exact. Now as for my computer, strange as it may sound, when the message popped up, Press Any Key to boot from CD, I was Peod and started rapidly pushing on the space bar, and lo and behold, Welcome To Windows Setup, popped up. As soon as it said Windows was loading files, I knew this wasn't going to last, because the HDD hadn't been formatted. Sure enough, got a message something about an I386 file and the piece of ---- shut down again. I'm not giving up, John Paul Jones didn't, so I'm not.... BiggsAFB said that!

11. runningcart

runningcart Corporal

pfft! they speaking russian lol, theres a thread in the lounge if you want to actually know what they're on about.

you'll most likely need to start a thread in hardware by the sounds of it :)

oh, and welcome to MGs ;)

12. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

What the hell translator are you running, change it for a different one as "Poured" should be "Lily"

13. Kestrel13!

Was running that one I had linked to. *scratches it off list*

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds