BIG thank you!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by IJazzI, Mar 25, 2011.

1. IJazzI

IJazzI Private E-2

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

Glad you like the forum and site and found the information helpful, Chaslang is a guru when it comes to malware removal.

So cheers for the kind words.

3. IJazzI

IJazzI Private E-2

Thanks! :-D

Cleaning computers/removing malware for people is a side line job for me, but most infections aren't hard to remove. That one was a bit of a pain though, he ended up with over 5000 different problems from several bots to the ramnit virus...

Chaslangs post was just what I needed!

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    I,too, do that as a sideline.
    Before I accept the machine, I tell the person that I may make some changes or additions to their defenses.
    I tell them that it depends on what programs I find already installed.
    If they have a problem with that, take it somewhere else.
    Have never had any complaints about what I do,though.

5. IJazzI

IJazzI Private E-2

Very true. I find an inoridinate amount of people have disabled/not updated their protection software because it was 'slowing things down', 'getting in the way' or even on one occasion 'telling me I had a virus when I felt fine'. lol...:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds