what kind of information is in the logs

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by bert1000, Jul 27, 2011.

1. bert1000

bert1000 Private E-2

Hi,

This looks like a great forum with a bunch of very big hearted volunteers!

I have a naive question. I did a search but couldn't find a thread addressing the topic of posting the anti-malware logs for the public to see. Is there any potential danger to posting these? I ran some scans, and the logs (especially the MGlogs.zip) appear to have a ton of information about your computer and internet set up in it.

I realize that you must not think there is too much risk (or any) if you keep asking people to do it, but is there any danger someone could use this information against the poster?

Thanks!

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

Before I joined and signed up here. I never heard of this forum and was very worried about my info and if it was even legit. But you'll find that it is. So many come daily with problems. Your able to view some people profiles on other sites and get to know one another. But welcome to the site. If your infected you can do all the programs and post the logs in the malware section"read and run":major

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

There is no risk in posting logs. Nothing in them will give anyone the kind of info that I think you are concerned about. If you are concerned about logs that might show your real name, you can just edit those out before attaching them. ;)

4. bert1000

bert1000 Private E-2

Thanks TimW! This might be something to add to the FAQs for us newbies that have little experience and might be hesitant to seek help. Thanks for all your good works!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds