Introduction and a forum question

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Mythrandyr, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Mythrandyr

Mythrandyr Private E-2

Hello!

My name is Lee Bridgeford, and I am from the Midwest Region of the USA. I have been using the 'Malware Removal' topic for a couple years to stay up to date on the best and latest software tools and procedures when dealing with attacks on family members computers. You maintain a truely useful website!

I was wondering where the best topic for general malware discussion is? I was finally inspired to register here after I finished cleaning up and removing an antivirus spoof on my mother-in-law's computer today. I encountered some variations that didn't turn up in my search for references and was looking for a topic to discuss. The 'Malware Removal' topic seemed inappropriate as I have already cleaned and removed all the malicious software.

Thanks!

2. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

Hi and welcome to the group:wave

I am a bit too new to answer your question. Wondered about non problem discussions, myself, and where they would best fit.

Maybe, one of the bosses will shed some light for us.:-D

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to Major Geeks.:)

Hi...If you have a specific malware question that does not pertain to a machine you are still trying to clean, you can try to ask your question in a new thread in Malware. The experts in there would probably be the ones to ask as we don't deal with Malware in any other forums.

4. Mythrandyr

Mythrandyr Private E-2

Thanks Laura, I will do that.

Also, thanks to both of you for the welcome!

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

Thank you for feeding back on the malware guide helping you over many years and great stuff that you now registered for a user account. The malware guide has been a labour of love or possibly hate ;) for many a year for Chaslang, but his guide is IMHO the best on the internet and does server to remove the simple stuff and then if you have persistent malware to give you logs that experts (in which we have many in this field) can decipher and give a user instruction to remove.

So thanks for taking the time to feedback.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds