Help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by walters1, Jan 16, 2012.

1. walters1

walters1 Private E-2

I was able to remove the "XP Security virus 2012" and then downloaded Jetclean and now whenever I try to open an application I get the message to "create an association in the folder options control panel"-- any ideas?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's. You can post in the malware forum in case you are still infected or post in the software forum if you know you are clean. ;)

3. walters1

walters1 Private E-2

The virus seems to be cured--I have run Malwarebytes...

4. TimW

That's not a guarantee that it is totally gone. There still could be left overs.

5. walters1

walters1 Private E-2

Any suggestions?

6. TimW

7. walters1

walters1 Private E-2

I have been through all of the steps again--downloaded suggested programs( Malwarebytes, Combofix, and SAS). No problem downloading just can't get them to run because I still keep getting that the "files does not have an associated program. Craete an association in the folder options control panel." message....

8. TimW

What OS are you running? And are you saying you can't run any exe files?

9. walters1

walters1 Private E-2

Old machine xp 2002--Explorer and a few other exe work but majority are getting association messages

10. TimW

11. walters1

walters1 Private E-2

That did the trick!! Thanks a mil!!!

12. TimW

Your welcome. Now go to the malware forum and do the Read and Run First instructions. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds