Hi, I'm logicPwn!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by logicPwn, Jan 31, 2012.

1. logicPwn

logicPwn Private E-2

Hi Major Geeks community. I'm proud to finally be a part of the community and hopefully I can contribute a lot. To start I'll tell you a little about me. I am a freelance Software Engineer & Web Coder. I am 21 years old and taught myself every computer skill I have. I am a steady gamer and currently I am stuck on League of Legends. A free-2-play online strategy game. (If you guys play add me: tlokzz). Over all I'm a young, smart, friendly guy.

My website: <snip>
    My blog: <snip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
  2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to Major Geeks.:)

We always like to see new people register and post. However, just a couple of things...please do not post personal links as we consider them advertising and therefore spam. I have removed them from your above post. Also, we do not generally allow people to post links to their software, so I've had to remove your other post. In general, links outside the site are only to be used when aiding someone in a support post, and even then it should be to software that Major Geeks hosts on our site as we know that that has been tested and is clean. Thanks for your cooperation in this.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

further to Laura's post I would also like to say HI and Welcome and just add to the software thing, as I see you are a programmer, it maybe best to send a link to your applications to tim @ majorgeeks.com and he will review them (as do others) and if its within what Majorgeeks promotes then he will add your software to the download links, these do tend to gain many thousands of hits.

4. logicPwn

logicPwn Private E-2

This is very sad. When you think about it, posting a link to my website from yours is advertising. The reason I put it there is for people to find my site easier then looking at my profile. However this doesn't make it spam. Spam is posts that are off-subject purely to advertise. What I wanted was more of a mutual respect, your website and mine co-exist. If and when my program gets hosted by you, then you would be advertising my stuff to get more "hits" on your site (you can say no but I can't really say as to what got you guys "popular"). I understand that the internet is a tricky place where viruses can get into your computer without having to download one thing at all. But it's very discouraging to young developers like me when people don't want to give them a chance.

Thank you for your replies. Please delete my Chromium Updater post.

5. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Welcome to the "Family".

6. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Welcome to the forum logicPwn.

Actually they are giving you a chance but you have to take the steps to initiate it. They can't just start allowing people to post links to software that is untested and unknown. You need to submit the software to the site for their review. If they find it to be stable, useable and virus free you will get it posted on their download site and start seeing a LOT of activity.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds