seekgeek

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by seekgeek, Feb 12, 2012.

1. seekgeek

seekgeek Private E-2

Hi all

I've just registered as a newbie with very little computer knowledge & seek help in what forum to place my problem and what additional info to provide... such as a 'Hijack This' log etc.

Briefly, I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 on an Acer Aspire X3400 and have experienced a variety of forced manual shutdowns with associated inability to boot or repair - culminating with bluescreen events.

The most recent noted error: 0xc000000f

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome.:)

You should post all info you have including all your computer specs you can list along with specific errors you are getting and steps you have taken to fix this. Start a new thread in the Software forum.

Please do not post any logs unless someone has asked for them (particularly not a hijack this log as we are no a hijack this reading forum and the only people who use them are our malware experts in that particular forum and it is done as part of another scan).

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to MG.
    Rest easy. Plenty here that can and will get you lined out.

4. seekgeek

seekgeek Private E-2

Ok I've done that (hopefully correctly)
    Thank you LauraR & hrlow2

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2012

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds