Greetings

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by hitest, Mar 8, 2012.

1. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Hello,

I'm a new member at your forum. I am a long time Linux user. It is great to be here.

2. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Hello and welcome hitest. :)

3. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Thank you, Spock96. It is nice to meet you. :)

4. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Nice to meet you as well. :)

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome to the forum, Linux even though I'm a devout Windows user I like alot, what is your favorite Nix falvour?

Mine is Kubuntu as I like the GUI and install in the main, I dont these days run it on a live PC but do have in in a VM for testing and keeping upto date with Linux or that flavour of Linux.

We have a small Linux area here so your advice and expertise would be great in replying to user issues on Linux, so if you can help out SUPERB! :)

6. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Greetings DavidGP,
    Thanks for the warm welcome! My favorite distro is Slackware Linux, I also enjoy using OpenBSD. Yes. I will help if I can in your Linux forum. :)

7. DavidGP

Hi

Not tried Slackware out as yet but you just added a software OS to my list of "to try next" :)

If you can help out in any areas its always apprieciated by the admin team here as we all do this freely to give back to the community as its a community effort to hep fix PC ills.

8. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Slackware is my distro of choice, I think you will like it, DavidGP. I am currently running Slackware 13.37 and Slackware-current. I will do my best to help out where I can. :)

9. DavidGP

That is all anyone can ask :)

I definatly will try out Slackware as soon as I can, sounds intriguing.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds