I am new

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by blackwillow, Jan 24, 2013.

1. blackwillow

blackwillow Private E-2

Hello everyone,
    I am new here and live in north east England. I am not a geek but am self taught about computer basics. Something happened a year ago that has made me nervous of computers and would love to know where and how it happened. Confidence has totally gone now when I use pc.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to Major Geeks.

Sorry to hear about your computer problems. If you have a question, ask away. We are a friendly lot here. Be sure to include all details you can, including what operating system you are using.

We have different forums for different questions, so try to find the one that fits your question...ie. Software, Hardware, Drivers, Malware Removal.

3. blackwillow

blackwillow Private E-2

Thank you for the welcome Laura. From what I can see so far it looks a great site with plenty of help etc.

4. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Hello and welcome blackwillow. :wave

5. blackwillow

blackwillow Private E-2

Thank you Spock.

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Welcome to the forums. :)

7. blackwillow

blackwillow Private E-2

I would love to ask about email and phone hacking but not sure where to chat about it and if anybody could read what I write and maybe see where I went wrong to let it happen I would be very grateful. I am heartbroken by what happened and would love to get an opinion from an expert here who isnt emotionally involved. I have lost my very best friend over it.

8. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, blackwillow, and welcome to MajorGeeks...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I would like to reiterate LauraR's earlier post: if you wish to present the specifics of your problem, please create a new thread in the Software Forum (don't worry about the possibility of posting a thread in the wrong forum - if it's deemed necessary the MG moderators can always move the thread). I and others will glady read your information and offer any advice you might need.

Good luck!

9. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Welcome to {MG}:wave

10. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, markhenry, and welcome to MajorGeeks.

11. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Good to have you here buddy, enjoy.

12. mvp4him3

mvp4him3 Private E-2

Hey buddy I have a lot of exp. with said departments and if you need any advice or answers let me know and I will do my best to help out. Also welcome!

13. Generator

Generator Private E-2

Hi i am new here too..and i hope to get fixed.
    ||
    //\\

14. blackwillow

blackwillow Private E-2

Hi generator,

did you get fixed then with your problem?:)

15. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

WOW HI.... and hello

Do never be scared of PCs and Computing as its more to serve you than it you.

Issues can happen and we just need to diagnose them.. I hope you found the cause to your PC ill?

16. blackwillow

blackwillow Private E-2

Thanks DavidGP, no, I didnt solve the problem but it isnt anyone here's fault. I guess I will never know the truth. The problem is on software forums about my phone and computer getting hacked. Thank you for asking.

17. Generator

Generator Private E-2

Not yet, it's a very rare problem. U can googl "administrator account became guest"

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds