Newcomer on the board

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by marcopolo69, Jun 1, 2013.

1. marcopolo69

marcopolo69 Private E-2

Hi guys,

This is marcopolo69 and I have just joined, so please excuse me if I am posting this in the wrong place.

I'm slightly better than a novice with pc probs and can get quite far with most problems.

I have OS: XP sp3 -- 32bit

However, I'm stumped by loads of popup ads (serve.bannersdontwork.com Pop-up Ads + something --g6jt3lde.default) shenanigans on chrome and firefox, and know not where to turn.

I get a feeling that there might be a rootkit and keylogger installed on my pc via the above, but it has me scuppered in how to trace it.

I have tried the instructions in link below, but failed to find the Hkeys mentioned.

http://www.im-infected.com/adware/serve-bannersdontwork-com-pop-up-ads.html

So, if one of you can be so kind as to point me to the correct forum which might be able to help me, then I would be most grateful.

Cheers
    marcopolo69

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Hi marcopolo69!

Welcome to Major Geeks! Please visit this thread and follow all the instructions. Then when you are finished with all your scans and you are still having problems or want to make sure you are all clean, please visit this forum and start a new thread, attaching all the scans you have completed.

They are (in my opinion) the best of the best in removing all kinds of malware but they are volunteers so please be patient with them.

Good Luck! :wave

3. marcopolo69

marcopolo69 Private E-2

Hi,

Thanks for your mail and info within.

I will follow the instructions and post again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds