newly registered

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by nannabammrn, Jul 6, 2013.

1. nannabammrn

nannabammrn Private E-2

I am just posting a 1st post to be sure I am doing it correctly. I will be attaching a log of all the information requested to clean infostealer. Don't worry, I'm following all the instructions before I do that. :) I am a self taught computer user and have been using computers since about 1996. I am a mother of 3, a grandmother of 6 and a great-grandmother of 1, which doesn't have anything to do with why I'm here except that I hope you will be gentle with me if I don't get something the first time you tell me. I am relatively intelligent but easily confused by a lot of computer jargon. :confused Having said that, I can follow reasonably easy instructions and will to the best of my ability try to comply with everything you ask of me here. :dancer

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's. ;)

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome.

I have moved your post with all your logs to the Malware Forum here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=278056

All help should be done in that thread from here out. Do not post in it again until someone has looked at your logs and responded. They work oldest threads first, so posting in it will move you to the back of the queue again.

I deleted your last post. Anything that is malware will show up in your logs.

4. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Welcome To {MG}

5. krioss

krioss Private E-2

I'm just a new "newbie" here. Need a warm kind of welcome from your side guys.
    Thank you for that.

6. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

krioss Welcome To {MG} lol LOL

7. Maskedman

Maskedman Private E-2

Re: newly registered need direction..

I just got on after reading all about how to rid my system of malware. I've run the tools and have the log files but I'm not sure where to post them. Can you point me in the right direction?

8. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome.:)

You'll want to head to the Malware Removal Forum, start a new thread and attach your logs to your post. Be sure to Attach the logs rather than posting them (use the paperclip looking icon in your post to browse your computer for them).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds