Testing Testing

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by bbsnooks, Jan 11, 2014.

1. bbsnooks

bbsnooks Private E-2

Hello any recomendations where to post my problems?
    Not sure if I have mal-ware or other problems.

- i didnt write to you first bcz my password didnt work on major geeks < tho i was on the "commercial site and didnt know it . and i couldnt find the forums.. so .. i ran some other programs malware bites and Jet clean - and have spent multiple hours on MSoft trouble shooting pgs..

I have decided to convert to another computer but would like to keep this one for playing music and dvd's < not surfing as XP up dates w/b discontinuing >

-- I had trouble on your sight downloading CC due to a page that was not CC downloader kept showing up.. so i went to http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/ to get it.
    <seems to me .. your pages are so cluttered with ad ware that its hard to distinguish what is the recommended item and what is an ad. > jmho

my current issues are:

cannot update MSE Microsoft Security Essentials
    - have installed and run AVG and uninstalled after then reinstalled MSE
    and still have same problem < same with malware bites>

Other problems with Flash and Silverlight in Chrome watching Netflix.

-- i have read and completed part of the "Read and run First" post in the malware forum
    - run CCleaner and reboot
    - run Rogue Killer

thanks for your assistance

2. bbsnooks

bbsnooks Private E-2

?? any limitations on posting?

I posted in Greeting .. and then in the Malware forum.. along with an attachment. That was all good. my 3rd post was rejected..
    any reason why?
    Thanks

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Re: ?? any limitations on posting?

You might have tried to reply to a topic where you don't have permission to, or something in your post triggered the auto spam filter.

4. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Re: ?? any limitations on posting?

Your last post seems fine, you just missed a RogueKiller log to attach. But I think you said you couldn't find it...

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to Major Geeks.:)

I've merged both your threads in the welcome forum.

It looks to me like you are well on your way with your Malware thread.

While we appreciate comments/concerns regarding the site, I'm not really sure how you had downloaders that were not CC showing up. Ads are clearly marked on our download pages as are MajorGeeks Downloads. Just as on any site, you have to look carefully before you click.

MajorGeeks, again, just like other sites, is a free site that needs ads to survive. Without ads, we would not be here, nor would our Malware Forum that is one of the best free removal sites online.

Good luck with your malware issue. You are in good hands. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds