Starfleet Command - Official Star Trek Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by motc7, May 18, 2017.

?

What was your favorite Trek series on TV?

1. Star Trek - The Original Series

18.2%
  2. Star Trek Next Generation

45.5%
  3. Star Trek Deep Space Nine

27.3%
  4. Star Trek Voyager

9.1%
  5. Star Trek Enterprise

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

I know that we have some Trekkers on this site. Figured this would be a good place to post all things Trek.

Got a silly Trek meme, post it here. News from the world of Trek, post it here. If you love scanning for lifeforms, well, get your tricorders ready my friends! If you know how to reroute power through the secondary coupling, you have a place here!

Figured I would start this thread off probably with a common question: What was your favorite Trek series on TV? Poll is posted.

I liked them all, with the exception of Enterprise. I really didn't get into that series, but I probably need to come back at it with a fresh look.

While STNG certainly helped to launch other spinoffs, I was a major fan of Deep Space Nine. Maybe because I'm Jewish and there certainly was that Jewish element to it, with the Bajorans, and it just struck a cord with me. At first when the series premiered, I thought, "A show solely based on a space station, how is this going to work?" But it did. I especially liked it when they brought more of the Klingon element into the story. Big fan of Klingons.

Spad and DavidGP like this.
  2. motc7

Looks like we have a Voyager fan....come on. Drop your cloak and reveal yourself!

3. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

I get a giggle from this
    [​IMG]

4. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

[​IMG]

Mimsy likes this.
  5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

You should have let me vote twice. DS9 is probably the strongest series of the ones you listed, but then there are those episodes of TNG that were just so absolutely brilliant that I can't vote against that series either.

Everyone likes the Klingons.

My favorite character on DS9 was probably Garak, but I really liked the way they portrayed all the Ferengi on the show (especially Nog, of course), and the deep dive into Bajoran culture that they only showed glimpses of in TNG were awesome. And of course, Garak.

[​IMG]

Spad likes this.
  6. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I was just looking at the new series that's coming out yesterday! Star Trek: Discovery

I love Star Trek! I've watched all the series and loved them all for their own different reasons. The Original doesn't even remotely hold up when watching it now, but that's the whole reason for my love of it and Spock will always be my favorite character....and tribbles. I so love tribbles.

[​IMG]

TNG is probably my favorite. You gotta give props for taking on a classic cult show and making a new one. I watched that through college religiously. I think I was a little in love with Riker :D :
    [​IMG]

I was shocked, like probably a lot of people, on how much I love DSN. Definite favs were the Ferengi. I may have to rewatch that series. I don't remember a lot from it other than how enjoyable and original it was.

I guess love is too strong for Voyager and Enterprise. I really enjoyed Voyager and did watch Enterprise. They were fine.

As far as movies...jeez, I love the new ones. For me, they are a thousand times better than the originals and better than TNG ones.

Wasn't there a one season series based on Star Trek? ::checking IMDb:: Nope...nm, that was Star Gate Universe.

7. motc7

Garak was simply awesome! I loved that character! His lies were almost poetic.

8. Mimsy

It's not the lies themselves, so much as the way he lied. And how you never really knew if he actually was lying or not.

[​IMG]I

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Weidly and its likely due to the diverse cast I really liked DS9, Voyager is a close 2nd but the main original ST series with Shatner is epic and now as its been updated to HD and better sound, its something I'm re-watching as in UK TV at present the full re-run.

Have to sya while I love the original cast in the big screen I do really like the new cast in current remakes on the big screen.

10. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

I like most of the Star Trek series. TNG started of weak but better after meeting the Borg - so did Voyager, especially Seven of Nine...that cat suit!

11. Mimsy

Ironically, one of the best Star Trek episodes ever takes place very early in TNG - The Measure of a Man

the mekanic likes this.
  12. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

I like all of the Star Trek series thus far. All have great, good, not so good, and "who phoned that mess in" shows.

My favorite episodes from each series:

TOS - "Balance Of Terror" that aired early on in the series.

TNG - "Yesterday's Enterprise"

STV - "Year of Hell" Parts 1 & 2

DS9 - "Empok Nor"

STE - "In a Mirror, Darkly" Parts 1 & 2

I have other favorites, but if I need to kill a couple of hours, these are the episodes I'd choose from.

I think Star Trek Enterprise wasn't given a fair shot . . . they were just hitting their speed when the show got axed. Also, I may* have been** kind of fond*** of Jolene Blalock.

*Most certainly was
    ** Most certainly still am
    ***Most certainly madly in love

13. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Watch what you click if you Google that phrase, I fear . . .

14. motc7

Looks like DS9 is in the lead.

[​IMG]

Spad likes this.
  15. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

16. motc7

What is your username on there/fleet name? I haven't been on in awhile, but would like to get back into it.

17. motc7

[​IMG]

DavidGP likes this.
  18. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I just watched the first episode of DS9 last night. They are all on Netflix. So fun! :D

motc7 likes this.
  19. Anon-469e6fb48c

Xcom46

20. motc7

Excellent. It's been awhile since I've been on. I got on yesterday and was like, "Um, what are the controls again." LOL

21. Anon-469e6fb48c

By the way if you save all the game files to the last update it will save you time from downloading it all over again.You can copy and past the files from folder to folder.Takes me 20 mins to reinstall instead of an hour or so of re downloading the game.

I will use either a large flash drive 65 gigs or more or use a 1 TB external hard drive.

Saves time on downloading.

22. motc7

I've thought about doing the following to speed up processing.

[​IMG]

23. Anon-469e6fb48c

[​IMG] images.jpg [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  24. Anon-469e6fb48c

25. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

I did not, lol

Spad and Mimsy like this.
  26. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

insp_expendability.png

motc7 likes this.
  27. motc7

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds