Iphone Passcode Lost

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by sapiotro, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapiotro

sapiotro Private E-2

Hello,

We have an iphone that updated automatically to ios10 overnight and a new passcode was accidentally entered. We can't remember the passcode, does anyone know how to unlock it or how to retrieve the photos and other info? We don't want to reset it before backing it up if that's possible.

Thank you!

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. sapiotro

sapiotro Private E-2

Thank you, we were looking for options beyond restoring it. My cousin's 25th wedding anniversary was last week and all of the photos are on the phone. Her husband passed away suddenly a few days ago so they are important for her.

4. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

There are several options in those links. But if the phone was never synced with iTunes or iCloud via a Mac or PC, then you are left with a reset/restore. Apple Support is always your best avenue. If there really is any alternative it will be known within that Apple Community Support network.

5. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

Here's some help for you!

6. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you read the thread fully then (a) they were already given the help they need 10 months ago, and (b) they said they wanted to avoid a 'restore' which is all that You Tube video offered. They have also not returned since the last post so we can assume they have solved the issue.

7. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

thanks. I thought I saw the full thread. I must have missed part.

8. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You also missed that this thread is almost a year old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds