Sanyo Tv & Rca Soundbar Question

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by outdoorgal, Oct 3, 2017.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

I have a flatscreen Sanyo, and just looked at a soundbar to help me with being able to hear my shows better.

I need help in finding out if the two are going to work together and I will attach snaps of the back of the TV, and the info on the soundbar. I'd so appreciate any help anyone has for me. I discussed this issue months ago, but I was trying for headphones at that time. I gave up because of the cost to get my TV to work with the headphones.

BTW, the 2 guys (one was the manager) said this would work, but it's Walmart and I just don't trust their knowledge, or lack thereof:(

Thanks and I will attach photos now:

Attached Files:

2. outdoorgal

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

You need an RCA cable to connect the digital audio output on your TV to the coaxial digital audio input of the soundbar.
    The cable will look like this:
    [​IMG]
    These are the two terminals you will connect:
    [​IMG]
    Of course, you will need to make sure you get a cable long enough to bridge the two connections.

outdoorgal likes this.
  4. outdoorgal

So the red, orange and white they told me I'd need was totally wrong? I'm glad I talked to you guys first then. As usual, they don't know what they're talking about at that store:(

I think I already have a cable like that. I'll wait to hear from you on whether or not that is all I need, the one cable? ;)

Thank you for helping me, denise

5. outdoorgal

This one probably won't work since I already have it, LOL!! IMG_20171003_164540642.jpg

6. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

No, unfortunately. It must have one RCA connection on each end.

outdoorgal likes this.
  7. outdoorgal

Ok, gotcha, thank you so much, now I can go get all I need at once;)

8. outdoorgal

I went down to get one that looked just like your picture, and knew it had to be RCA Coaxial, and the guy at radio shack (actually, Ace Hardware now has an electronics dept.) looked for that cord. They didn't have it but they had one that had red & white on both ends. He assured me it would work as long as I put the red in both devices (same color). So I plugged it into the orange in both devices, and nothing happened:(

I tried the remote for the soundbar and it did turn it on, but from there I was lost as to what other settings I might need to make. Any ideas on what I might have left to do, or did the guy tell me wrong on the cord? He said they are only colored because to color-code. The one I bought is an RCA like the black you showed me. He said it had to be RCA because those are for audio especially.

9. outdoorgal

So it has to be the black, identical to what you showed me. Ok, I'm gonna have some words for that guy tomorrow. They are lucky they are closed now.

Thank you much, denise

10. outdoorgal

Before I order it, is this one going to be right for me? I think it is but I don't want to make yet another mistake.

Attached Files:

11. outdoorgal

Ok, I read about this one and it sounded like yours although it looks a little different I so hope it will be ok. I got it cheaper (shipping was more than the cord at Walmart site) on Amazon. It wasn't a lot of money so not a huge loss if it isn't right. I wanted to thank you again for helping me JP :) denise

PS It won't be here until Friday but I will let you know once I'm hooked up.

RCA coaxial.PNG

12. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

outdoorgal likes this.
  13. outdoorgal

Ok JP, I don't know why I didn't think to look at the dang manual myself. Thank you for the links, and it should work for me. As I mentioned, I'll have to wait til Friday to get my cord:)

denise

14. outdoorgal

OMY Gosh, @Just Playin, my soundbar works perfectly with the cord you told me to use!! Cannot thank you enough!!

Next time you say "use this one" I'll listen and not take for granted someone at the store knows what they are talking about;) denise, sometimes I think I should spell it densie, LOL!!

PS I also did follow your direction/links on the hookup! Love it!! I can hear my tv!! Woohoo!

15. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I suspect it's more the setting than the cord.

16. outdoorgal

The settings didn't work with the other cord if that's what you mean??

I do realized I should have gotten a soundbar that had a volume leveler, this was doesn't and it was awful watching one movie I tried on amazon. Grab the remote everytime a plain landed on an aircraft carrier, LOL! So now I'm thinking it might be best to take this one back and wait til I have enough to buy one with that feature.

17. outdoorgal

I need help finding the best, right thing for me to use so that I can hear my TV better. I'm confused reading about different soundbars as I read through the mountains of information.

I live in an apartment, so at least 3, other apartments can be disturbed by my TV if I'm not careful what I buy. I wanted headphones originally but found I would have to buy 3 or 4 parts just to hook to my "evidently" obsolete TV I bought only 4 or 5 years ago:(

The TV info is on this thread, and anything else, anyone might want to know, I can provide for you. As most of you know, just turning up the sound won't work for me for at least 2 different reasons. Volume goes up and down on my shows, so I am grabbing the remote to turn it down, or back up again, gggggrrrrrr:( Or, if I have it loud enough for me to hear, I will disturb my neighbors.

Any help would be so appreciated. My one thought so far has been, figuring out if Bluetooth would help, but I know nothing about what that even is. The other idea I have is to save up and get a soundbar w/volume leveler but I see those are very, high-priced, so I don't know when I would be able to buy one.

Thanks much, Denise

18. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

outdoorgal likes this.
  19. outdoorgal

Thanks JP, but I think I'll try and find a sound leveler. The headphones would still give me the louder volumes so I would be turning them up and down according the the scenes in movies. Denise:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds