Logged On Facebook With Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Malware Help - Public (Anyone Can Post & Respond)' started by siahusky4, Nov 20, 2017.

1. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

I can log onto fb with my sign in but my wife receives this message on her account and we use the same desktop. When she signs on she gets this message. "We've noticed that this device may be infected with malicious software. To continue to use Facebook, you can either use other devices or clean this device by downloading the scanner provided by Facebook and ESET". If she uses explorer 10 she can get in but she does not really like it. Can anyone help.

Thanks
    Siahusky

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I think I would just let it scan and hope that it clears up the issue. Let us know.

3. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

I had read a few articles one from a IT Tech saying it is fb trying to get info from your computer which is a no no. I did a malware scan and it did pull up some potential items and then tried it again to no avail. The system they want to use is Trend I do have Web root and ran that and nothing showed up so why should I use Trend. Some people have even complained to the BBB and as soon as FB received the complaint from BBB all of a sudden the people could get back in without any problem.

4. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

5. TimW

I am not believing that. Checking with MalwareBytes, they suggest you run the scan and then once back in, change your password.

6. TimW

From my reading, Don, this issue will continue in all browsers.

7. dr.moriarty

I was going by what siahusky4 initially posted about which browser was experiencing the problem, Tim.

8. TimW

Ah....forgot about that. LOL

dr.moriarty likes this.
  9. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Good point.
    siahusky4, can you sign in with Chrome?

10. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

I can sign in using chrome, as far as facebook I can login and wife cant

11. dr.moriarty

Meaning - you're using the same PC user account?

12. siahusky4

siahusky4 Private E-2

Yes

13. dr.moriarty

Have you tried the browser reset I gave in msg#4?

14. dr.moriarty

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds