Is There An Ie Add-on To Search Your Favorites On The Fly?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skullduggery's Dupe, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Skullduggery's Dupe

Skullduggery's Dupe Master Sergeant

Is there an Internet Explorer add-on that allows you to enter a character string to search your Favorites on the fly for a desired link, like you would use a search engine?

That would be so much more convenient than having to export your Favorites to a file, and then searching that.

Thanks for any help.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

You could search the Favorites folder for a specific link.

3. Skullduggery's Dupe

That seems almost as inconvenient than exporting my Favorites to a file, and searching that. I was hoping for a browser add-on.

4. Eldon

Unfortunately there are not many add-ons for Internet Explorer. And it's not going to get any better.
    Since January 12, 2016, only IE11 will get support from Microsoft.

In Firefox you can easily search Favorites in the browser. And there are add-ons to better organize Favorites.

Favorites.jpg

Geek_Justin likes this.
  5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You do have folders for your favorites don't you?

If you don't, it's time to create different descriptive folders then you'd only have to search in one folder and not the entire long list of favorites.

In Palemoon, I currently have 33 folders. From time to time I move the unsorted bookmarks into the correct folder and remove the out of date or non-working links in that folder.

Managing Favorites by Creating Folders. (scroll down to the Managing Favorites heading)
    https://www.gcflearnfree.org/internetexplorer/adding-and-managing-favorites/1/

6. Skullduggery's Dupe

Yes, I do have folders for my Favorites. But I have literally thousands of Favorites, so it’s still a pain to search them from outside the browser.

How ‘bout for Edge? I’ve already got that installed, in addition to IE11.

7. Eldon

8. Geek_Justin

Geek_Justin Corporal

I never use IE but if it has the same features as Firefox you can export your bookmarks as html. The you can go to Windows Explorer and click the html file that was saved then use the search feature to find it. If not I do suggest using Firefox and importing your favorites to it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds