How May I Add A Signature To All Posts?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ShellyCat, Feb 4, 2021.

1. ShellyCat

ShellyCat Private E-2

I'm not technically inept...I must be missing something here, but I don't see the option in my settings.
    Can I add an automatic signature, or must I do it manually everytime?
    FWIW, I want to add a sig that says I'm not online a lot. I rely on public Internet...not too many places to go right now...so my apologies for not replying to others quickly.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Tap your name and then signature.

3. ShellyCat

ShellyCat Private E-2

Do you mean directly click my name on the brown tab? If I try that, I get:
    "MajorGeeks.com Support Forums - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Or hover over that, then click my name on the pop-up menu? That brings me to my profile page. I don't see a "Signature" link on the profile page, the pop-up menu itself or anywhere in the settings. I have JavaScript enabled for MajorGeeks itself (but not Google, of course). Does a sig rely on any Google services?

4. Eldon

When you touch your name a drop down menu apears. Signature is one of the options.

5. Eldon

QuickMemo+_2021-02-04-22-46-03.png

ShellyCat likes this.
  6. ShellyCat

ShellyCat Private E-2

Eldon, thank you for attaching the screenshot...mine does not look the same! :eek:
    Here's a screenshot of mine:
    MG_accountMenu.jpg

7. Eldon

This is weird!
    Hopefully Laura can help.

8. ShellyCat

ShellyCat Private E-2

Should I send her a message or does she check this section regularly?
    I thought about editing the title of my post, but apparently there's no feature for that.

9. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

There is nothing blocking you from using a signature. It's been a while, but I believe we had a post amount before you could customize.....let me know what you want as a sig and I'll add it.

Send me a PM as I will be away for about an hour or more.

Eldon and ShellyCat like this.
  10. ShellyCat

ShellyCat Private E-2

Thank you very much, Tim. I'm running out of time here so I'll write my sig w/sys info and PM you another day.
    You guys rock!

FYI, I love that the MajorGeeks forums are simple + load quick + especially that your download page does not require JavaScript (and I don't even have to "click here if your download doesn't start")...I'm really getting to hate the state of the WWW...more and more sites require the privacy-bashing HTML Canvas, too.

Eldon and TimW like this.
  11. ShellyCat

ShellyCat Private E-2

Ah, the "Signature" link is there now! Thanks for whatever you did!

12. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Yeah... as I recalled...it's based on the number of posts. So we limit it in order that spammers don't just come in and start putting crap in signatures....:)

13. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

50, as I recall.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds