How to get email notification from the forum?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by usafveteran, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Surelly, there's some setting in the User CP to elect to receive email notification when someone replies to a post by me in the forum, right? Where is that setting?

2. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Hi mate ;)

Goto User CP at the top

then edit options on the left

look you will find it

;)

3. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I see, it's under Default Thread Subscription Mode. Thanks.

4. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Cool, glad to help ;)

5. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

or you can click thread tools, subscribe to thread.

6. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

The guy wanted e-mail notification, I assume he would automatically be subscribed to the thread when he makes a post.

The instructions I gave were correct. I dont know what Ive done to p you off c`man but jumping on anything I say calling it dumb, wrong, or anything else is childish in my eyes, 3 times now in the forum and also once or twice in the shout! Take the chip off your shoulder mate. Im 24 not 2 and really cant be bothered with this silliness. I dont jump on your comments and contradict you every chance I get!

;)

7. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

@Wayne

Perhaps a post has been edited here but I don't see anyone jumping on you and the only person who has used the words 'dumb and wrong' is you.

The instructions you gave were correct however colmanguy's response will also allow a user to subscribe to a thread to recieve notification of responses even if they have not posted in the thread.

If you have a problem with a repsonse to a thread or to one of your posts please report it to a mod either in a pm or by using the 'report a post button ([​IMG]). You can pm me with the other examples of you being jumped on that you mention if you want me to look at them.

Thread Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds