Does Anyone Know What Happened To Nonags?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by harmless, Mar 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. harmless

harmless Staff Sergeant

well, shoot, another good site ( nonags.com ) went away. i really liked them.
    in one sense, i am posting this here, so that when other people do a search, like i just did, this post will show up in the search results, and people might discover that majorgeeks is a trusted place to get their software.
    sigh.... oh well...

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. harmless

harmless Staff Sergeant

interestingly, that was the page i saw ( when i did my search ) that gave me the idea about a post at majorgeeks.
    because there were a couple of replies that asked if anyone knew of a trusted place to get software.
    anyway, the other interesting link i found during my search was:
    https://davescomputertips.com/why-majorgeeks-is-the-best-download-site/
    a very nice article indeed!!
    toodles.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yeah many of the old great download sites that offer no bundle-ware crap are disappearing, sadly the internet is flooded with sites, some good but many just in it for the ad revenue and blow the user! Still I find Majorgeeks the best place to get great honest apps from and you will not always find all apps here, those you dont see may not have been tested or failed a test, as all apps are tested.

The 2015 article by Jim H is on the money to what MGs is all about and stems from the old ethos of the Tweakfiles days.

5. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Never heard of Nonags, that I recall anyway.

True that. I rarely get software from anywhere other than Major Geeks. When I do need some app or other that has not been vetted by MG, I most certainly poke it with all the security sticks available here once the needed app is downloaded from elsewhere.

Been lurking around here since 2005, and have not found a better collection of software or better forum anywhere else on the web.

Imandy Mann likes this.
  6. lmstearn

lmstearn Private E-2

Hi all! :)
    NoNags went way back before the mid nineties I think and even outlasted Moochers. They curated their content really well, although there were no forums. Sure would have been an inspiration for sites like MajorGeeks at least.
    Pity how it ended after such a long time- not even a 404.php from the hosters with a few words in memoriam. Hope it doesn't end like that for MajorGeeks!

Spad and DavidGP like this.
  7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Imstearn dont think in the near future Majorgeeks is going anywhere but as you'll know all sites have to pay for hosting etc so advertising is crucial, majorgeeks keeps this to a min but need to pay bills. So more its used the better so spread the word.

Imandy Mann likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds