Separation Of Powers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by legalsuit, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

2. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Here's another sample of Trump which I believe would be regarded as disrespectful:

Trump derides North Korean leader as 'Rocket Man'
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/was...h-korea-s-leader-as-1505657153-htmlstory.html

Trump may think he is being funny, but it isn't a funny situation.

Trump needs to remember he is the POTUS which requires discipline and decorum - his Tweets are not only disrespectful but also bullying as shown in this one he retweeted:
    https://twitter.com/Fuctupmind/status/908163011793358848/photo/1

Eldon likes this.
  3. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I totally agree with you.
    And that's why I could not be a politician. :rolleyes:

Trump needs to realise this isn't a second or third business one can take a risk with.
    These are people's lives - Americans, North Koreans, and who knows how many people from other nations.

During the Persian Gulf War Iraq fired 88 Scud missiles into Israel and Saudi Arabia.
    If the US attacks North Korea, shorty will do the same to South Korea and Japan.

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Now YOU are the one being disrespectful. Better hope KJU isn't following this thread :eek:

Eldon and Imandy Mann like this.
  5. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Well, North Korea will be represented at the United Nations General Assembly 2017 where President Trump will be making his debut appearance before the U.N. General Assembly. He'll be trying to get other countries to join in against North Korea's nuclear threats.

United Nations General Assembly: From North Korea to global terror threats, these are the issues on the agenda:
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-...at-to-watch-in-trump-first-attendance/8954146

Seems North Korean representative(s) will be front row, couple "doors" down from Trump. So let's hope with country members at this UN General Assembly something positive will come about to resolve this current crisis (and that Trump keeps to his script).

Everyone will be watching his debut speech with bated breathe...

6. Eldon

I sent him a link to the thread via email. :D

7. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

lol:D

8. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

upload_2017-9-19_5-46-15.png

9. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

10. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

11. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

upload_2017-9-23_1-20-53.png

Wish these two would quieten down and let the diplomats do their bit:

It appears rhetoric continues between these two (?!*&%$)...continuation of such idiotic rhetoric between these two country leaders only makes it more difficult for diplomatic resolution to be achieved..such childish shenanigans...!!!

News Corp Australia Network
    22 SEPTEMBER, 201711:20PM
    Donald Trump lashes ‘madman’ Kim Jong-un in tweet, saying he will be ‘tested like never before’

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...e/news-story/95cd579d9efbaadd8fc077676d0fd99e

[​IMG]

What is a 'dotard'? Kim Jong-un’s obscure insult to Donald Trump explained
    By Mike Wright 22 SEPTEMBER 2017 • 1:02PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ng-uns-obscure-insult-donald-trump-explained/

12. Eldon

13. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Thing is Trump is totally ignoring the fact of Asian culture (saving face) and his insulting "rocket man" nickname, angers KJu into a mud slinging match with Trump...just ridiculous. KJu already resents and is resisting sanctions which was intemded to push him into some sort of diplomatic talks but Trump rubbing salt in with insults just makes things difficult.

Eldon likes this.
  14. Eldon

Trump needs to shut up and devote his attentions to the numerous other issues facing not only the US, but the world.

At the same time, be prepared. With even China agreeing to the sanctions, Kim Jong-un certainly feels betrayed, and being faced with an uncertain economic future makes him more unpredictable and dangerous.

Imandy Mann and legalsuit like this.
  15. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

16. oma

oma MajorGeek

Attached Files:

legalsuit likes this.
  17. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Well, that says a lot!

Perfect!

Now we just need an effective pacifier for KJu!

This is how Trump's UNGA debut speech from last Tuesday 19/09/17 was generally received with his references to NK:
    [​IMG]

This is how the world is currently viewing these two country leaders:
    upload_2017-9-23_8-59-12.jpeg

If Trump continues the way he is, this is how he'll be remembered in history:
    upload_2017-9-23_8-57-22.png

oma, the mekanic and Eldon like this.
  18. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I doubt he feels any more betrayed by China now than when they went along with all the other sanctions. As far as unpredictability, what has KJU done that has taken you by surprise? It's the other guy with the bad hairdo you should be looking at for unpredictability.

oma and TimW like this.
  19. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

If one were to rely upon newspapers for information, then this bit of news answers my question from Post #1 of this thread re Separation of Powers:

"...If a strike is ordered, the President would take out...a series of code words that identify him as the leader of the US and read them to the Pentagon who would confirm the launch. The entire process would take just four minutes until the first missiles leave their silos and around 30 minutes until they landed anywhere in the world...

That is the only check or balance on the entire system. From there the entire system is geared towards launching nuclear weapons as fast as possible.”
    [1]

Just great to know who has "the whole world in his hands"...might as well end this Thread right here as my question appears to be answered...if the information in that newspaper is accurate, then it appears there are NO Separation of Powers when it comes to "pressing the button" - apparently, it all falls on Trump...I'll sleep well tonight...NOT.

[1] What really happens in the event of a nuclear strike? US author reveals White House plans
    news.com.au SEPTEMBER 23, 2017 1:41PM
    http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...s/news-story/6144a194f8ec3159485305777d096d72

20. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Here's a more in depth, but still simplified detail of the launch procedure. This is normally seen as a response to a strike coming our way, ie sensors and radar and satellites all confirm a launch and path.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2016-nuclear-weapon-launch/

It's questionable if this works in a first strike. There is a bill submitted that would ensure congress to be in the process in a first strike or pre-emptive launch. The bill has not progressed since January, makes one wonder why,

Eldon and legalsuit like this.
  21. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Thanks for that info, IM.

But, bottom line remains the same, and I quote from same newspaper quoted earlier: "THERE’S nobody to check the President “isn’t crazy drunk” if he orders a nuclear strike. He only has to use one very simple code."[1]

In reference to your article: "Before initiating military action, the president convenes a conference with military and civilian advisers in Washington and around the world to talk through options..."[2]

then those countries who have Treaties in place (such as Australia) with USA (and I am not clear as to the writings/clauses contained therein), upon Trump hitting the button, we get dragged into the fight as well (if there is anything left to fight for...)

And I doubt Section 4 of the 25th Amendment to your American Constitution[3] is of any use because your Vice-President would probably be in total agreement with Trump, same as he is with everything Trump has done to date regardless whether Trump was right or wrong.

Great!...Now that really makes me feel even better...NOT!

[1] What really happens in the event of a nuclear strike? US author reveals White House plans
    news.com.au SEPTEMBER 23, 2017 1:41PM
    http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...s/news-story/6144a194f8ec3159485305777d096d72

[2] To Launch a Nuclear Strike, Donald Trump Would Follow These Steps
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2016-nuclear-weapon-launch/

[3[ The 25th Amendment, explained: how a president can be declared unfit to serve -
    If the VP and Cabinet conclude a president is unwell, they can legally do something about it.
    Updated by Andrew Prokopandrew@vox.com May 17, 2017, 10:54am EDT
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/9/14488980/25th-amendment-trump-pence

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  22. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You'll get advanced notice......the Dolt will tweet it first.

oma and legalsuit like this.
  23. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

:D
    Thanks for injecting some humour in this instance...

24. Imandy Mann

25. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

You might be surprised if you looked into it. Trump and the GOP establishment aren't particularly close. He's stuck with them and they'll keep him around as long as he's still useful to them.

Feel better now?;)

legalsuit likes this.
  26. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

NK is fully aware Australia and New Zealand have a Treaty with USA so this is not a new threat. NK has had a go at us a few times already (particularly when VP Pence visited us in Sydney a few months back). Here's an article from last April:

North Korea threatens Australia with nuclear strike over US allegiance
    NORTH Korea has openly threatened Australia, raising the spectre of a nuclear attack against us for “blindly and zealously toeing the US line”.
    Network staff writers with Sheradyn Holderhead, AAP News Corp Australia NetworkAPRIL 24, 20176:35AM

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/n...e/news-story/fa28ccb9eaaff6c02f5c12bdc19bc227

That's why our Julie Bishop has been pushing Sanctions hard along with other countries and UNSC.

Whatever we read, we already base ourselves within the circle NK threatens.

27. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Yeah...thanks.:)

In honesty I only skimmed the surface re your 25th...based on your comments if there's weight behind it, then yes, I do feel better.

Deep down I don't believe KYu would hit the button because I reckon he fully understands potential consequences - but he is trying to save face with rebuttal of rhetoric from Trump. Meantime the world is holding its breathe with this ping ponging of rhetoric.

Trump is the one I'm really worried about.....wish someone would duck tape his mouth and fingers so things can calm down long enough for diplomats to get on with talks towards resolution.

28. Eldon

Pyongyanging? :rolleyes:

Football anyone? :eek:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

On a more serious note...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Command_Authority

legalsuit likes this.
  29. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

upload_2017-9-24_20-35-15.png

KYu ready for rhetoric rebuttals...

[​IMG]

Scarier stuff knowing this "nuclear football" is constantly at hand wherever Trump is.

Even scarier noted from your URL (which also comes in line with the link Imandy Mann provided re line of commands) is the fact: "...If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it...."

Eldon likes this.
  30. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Has anyone got some duck tape handy..? Reckon it will come in handy to stop all the rhetoric so diplomatic negotiations/talks can move forward through the muddy waters brought about by this infernal Tweeting.

Could North Korean, US threats of destruction cause an accidental war?
    By Ben Westcott, CNN Updated 2029 GMT (0429 HKT) September 26, 2017 North Korea at U.N.: Attack on US 'inevitable' 00:50
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/26/asia/north-korea-us-accidental-war/index.html

31. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Following Trump's contradictory comments of October 1 at 5:59 PM :

National Security
    "Trump contradicts Tillerson on North Korea, the latest in a series of put-downs"
    President Trump tweeted Sunday, Oct. 1 (Reuters) By Karen DeYoung

"President Trump, not for the first time, publicly contradicted his chief diplomat on a major foreign policy issue Sunday, saying via Twitter that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was “wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...8c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.fc84d5b6485e

Our Foreigen Minister Julie Bishop rejects comments by US President Donald Trump, backs Rex Tillerson
    OCTOBER 2 2017 - 2:41PM by Eryk Bagshaw
    "Foreign Minister Julie Bishop has rejected Donald Trump's comments on North Korea after the US President said it was "a waste of time" trying to negotiate with dictator Kim Jong Un..."
    http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...rump-backs-rex-tillerson-20171002-gysnj9.html

I'm sure Trump will like having a female contradict him too...;)

32. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

It's like some freakshow reality based tv. I feel like I'm living in a tv show ...the one with the inept leader we've all seen (for me it's President Charles Logan from the show '24'). Or even the Twilight Zone. That may be more fitting. There is something everyday to cringe about. Who'd have thought we'd ever have a President that thought it was okay to actually call another leader a name...on Social media! I mean, seriously, he calls him a name like some grade school child on a playground. It's bizarre.

oma and joffa like this.
  33. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

"Mud slinging" is pretty common with politicians, (done here mainly during Parliament sessions), but they are not personal, name calling or culturally insulting because that would cause an absolute riot within and outside Parliament as being disrespectful, discriminating, harassing, etc all touching on Human Rights' infringements.

Trump seems to forget his actions go against his standing as POTUS, nor understand how such name calling can insult different cultures, without also realising he is setting a precedent...now KYu also appears to be mud slinging because a precedent has been set.

Trump also comes across as a total "control freak" because he doesn't seem to allow any of his delegates to do their job (e.g. Tillerson for negotiations) throwing comments and directions with his Tweets which should praise efforts towards Peace talks, rather than negative remarks:

"Are Trump's Tweets Undercutting U.S. Diplomacy?
    KRISHNADEV CALAMUR 1:36 PM ET GLOBAL
    https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/10/trump-tillerson/541671/
    Trump's Undermining of Rex Tillerson

Then came Trump’s tweets:

...Save your energy Rex, we'll do what has to be done!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 1, 2017

Being nice to Rocket Man hasn't worked in 25 years, why would it work now? Clinton failed, Bush failed, and Obama failed. I won't fail.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 1, 2017

And along with the tweets came the perception that Trump was once again publicly contradicting his own chief diplomat—not to mention his own administration’s stated desire for 'engagement.'"

Trump really needs to step back and let the Diplomats get on with their jobs.

34. oma

oma MajorGeek

"Trump really needs to step back and let the Diplomats get on with their jobs." by legalsuit.

+45 was yesterday in Puerto Rico which was destroyed by the hurricane and he threw paper towels to the people there as if that was the solution to their problems. :mad:

35. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Yup.....no food, no clean water, no electricity, no cell service......and he is tossing paper towels. What an ass!!

36. oma

oma MajorGeek

#45 was probably thinking that he was in a rally... it's all about him isn't it? Just found this:

Attached Files:

legalsuit likes this.
  37. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Yes, I agree with you, "it's all about him..." Trump isn't happy unless he is in the limelight, regardless of the situation or the miserable and desperate state of the people are around him. Using his favourite phrase (but in a more sincere and appropriate manner): "Sad, very sad"

Unbelievable! And incredible to find any world leader occupying repetitive headlines such as this which almost swallows up news of what happened in Las Vegas:
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=trump+throwing+paper+towels

Were they supposed to use the towels towards cleaning up the mess?

I reckon the American entertainer Kimmel sums it up rather nicely in his show: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...p-throwing-paper-towels-at-puerto-ricans-what

38. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

It's more useful than the Play-Doh he gave out in Louisiana.
    [​IMG]

DavidGP and Imandy Mann like this.
  39. oma

oma MajorGeek

"Were they supposed to use the towels towards cleaning up the mess?" by legalsuit

Indeed, could be that #45 in his own way was telling the Puerto Ricans to clean up their own country/mess. He already told them about the USA budget, so it could be interpreted as if he really didn't want to help them. Guess he is not considering PR as being American.

40. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

I am gobsmacked!

Even if he had brought along other useful stuff, that PlayDough took up valuable space for more important, useful items like water, food, blankets, etc.

Kids need a safe, dry clean roof over their, clean water and food, then once comfortably ensconced, it would be nice if they had playthings. And this is the guy who has a finger on the button for NK!!! He is clueless, domestically and interntaionally!

41. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

I think it shameful given the trauma top down suffered by the Puerto Ricans and this is how Trump treats them. First delayed rescue response, then the way he put down the Mayor managing the situation and then he jokes <choke> jokes(?!) about the budget to a people struggling to survive?
    Diplomacy isn't in the guy's vocabulary...so he most certainly wouldn't understand the meaning of PR. We've already seen that with his rhetoric to KYu.

Attached Files:

42. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Perhaps a change in thinking?
    We did not elect a politician, the politician entry had a long record of diplomacy and deceit. Most people hope Trump can be guided or contained which is the lesser of the two evils.
    We elected an actor and businessman. Why get upset when he does what is normal for him?

43. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

I'm pretty sure that's not what most peoples' thoughts are on him. He has proven he can be neither guided or contained.

Because he is a hot mess and an embarrassment?...oh, and sadly, at the moment, he is representing the US as it's leader and the only thing he seems to care about is representing himself and his own brand.

DavidGP and legalsuit like this.
  44. Imandy Mann

WWJD What would Jesus do?

WWHD What would Hilliary do?

Just had to put that out there!

45. oma

oma MajorGeek

This is what #45 said: Being nice to Rocket Man hasn't worked in 25 years, why would it work now? Clinton failed, Bush failed, and Obama failed. I won't fail.

This is the reality: Kim was declared the supreme leader following the state funeral of his father on 28 December 2011. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-un

KJu: Born 8 January 1982 (age 35)

LauraR and legalsuit like this.
  46. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Tell that to his senior military leaders when he tells them to "...give him military options 'at a much faster pace' when national-security emergencies erupt around the world..."[1] Nice one. Nothing like publicly humiliating and disgracing those of such standing and upon whom you rely upon. Such things should be said behind closed doors. This was just a show of supremacy on his part as their Chief.

This coming from someone who has no military experience (apart from attending some military boarding school as a kid ) nor has he ever participated in any manner or form or been in action in any war.

The world does not belong to him nor is it a piece of Real Estate for his wheeling and dealing...nor is he the World's Dictator (though it appears he is trying everything possible to achieve that position - God forbid!).

Well, Trump definitely misses out on the Diplomacy gene, but comes in with flying colours on Deceit with the amount of lies exposed to date[2]

upload_2017-10-7_15-17-7.png
    Maybe when Hell freezes over? ​

Even John Kelly is struggling to manage Trump[3] and at one stage I actually believed (when Tweets temporarily died down) that he was succeeding. Boy was I wrong.​

[1] Trump takes military brass to task, warns ‘it’s the calm before the storm’ - By Dave Boyer -
    The Washington Times - Thursday, October 5, 2017
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/oct/5/trump-generals-too-slow-advice-crises/

[2] T r u m p ’ s L i e s - By DAVID LEONHARDT and STUART A. THOMPSON UPDATED July 21, 2017
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html

[3] Tillerson chaos lays bare Kelly's struggle to manage White House -
    By Gloria Borger, Dana Bash, Kevin Liptak and Elise Labott, CNN Updated 0110 GMT (0910 HKT) October 7, 2017
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/06/politics/rex-tillerson-john-kelly-white-house/index.html

47. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Given Trump's <mis>understanding of how the U.S. Government works, lack of knowledge of the Constitution and his total refusal to be guided on any important issues, upon spotting this article, I don't like chances of Trump having the capacity to understand much less follow steps required to launch a nuclear strike...hopefully he doesn't misread and makes his own judgment without following procedures.

"This Is How Donald Trump Thinks the U.S. Government Works"
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/08/donald-trump-government-215691

The thought makes me shudder...

48. Imandy Mann

You know, right? He can't just open the briefcase and push a button. He has to pass a code to someone else to pass a code to someone else..... It's not like one day he can have a hissy fit and just grab the suitcase.... Though he may wish it were so!

49. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Thats the crux folk cannot pigeonhole him to a politician and is that not what we need, someone of of the box, maybe not that far out of box but, non conformist! UK we have two leaders that are useless TBH an no one centralist, all right or far far left!

I have to say at least he is PRO USA and thats what most countries need, stand up for your citizens, UK needs this now, be a bit more Pro and positive UK, as a country we can succeed, always have done but MSM is a debbie downer on anything positive!

50. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

True - politician Trump isn't. Diplomat? Definitely not!

But while he has people to act on his behalf in their roles as political diplomats, given the way Trump publicly admonishes and humiliates them, how can other country leaders take his people seriously as representing Trump when these representatives are trying to negotiate/deal with other countries?

Specifically in point:

Republican senator blasts Donald Trump for 'castrating' Rex Tillerson
    Bob Corker accuses the president of undercutting the secretary of state’s efforts to rein in North Korea’s nuclear program
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...sts-donald-trump-for-castrating-rex-tillerson

And, just recently...

Trump risks making US rogue actor as he condemns Iran nuclear deal
    If the US imposes new restrictions on Tehran, Washington will find itself isolated – and without leverage to limit Iran’s nuclear programme, experts say
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/13/trump-iran-deal-jcpoa-sanctions-congress

DavidGP likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds