Spybot's Tools Start-up List

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tater, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Tater

Tater Tot

I use MalwareBytes now, but miss the start up program eliminator from Spybot. Is there anything similar for disabling start-up programs, or should I just get Spybot again?

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

There are numerous programs for disabling programs that start with Windows - if you prefer this option, let us know.
    The better options are...
    • Check if the program has the option to start with Windows and turn it off.
    • If the former isn't possible, open Services and set the program's Startup type to Manual. It will then start when needed.

Tater likes this.
  3. Tater

Tater Tot

Thanks Eldon. I've gone through the services using BlackViper's site as a guide. But I know from previously doing that and checking in Spybot, that certain things seem to start-up eventually.

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Tater likes this.
  5. Tater

Tater Tot

Thanks Eldon, that should work great.

6. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

In all honesty last time i used spy-bot.It felt like bloat ware to me.

I would not recommend on not using it.It slows the system down.

7. Tater

Tater Tot

Thanks. I doesn't seems as popular as before, it made me wonder if it's changed.

8. Anon-469e6fb48c

Tater likes this.
  9. Tater

Tater Tot

Do you know if that can that be used with MalwareBytes running in the background?

10. Anon-469e6fb48c

Yes they both work well together.

Tater likes this.
  11. Tater

Tater Tot

Great, I'll try it. Thanks again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds