Weird Weather

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DavidGP, Sep 23, 2017.

1. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Just going to throw this out there as I have on a few MSM comment sites and twitter.

The weird weather we are having now has only really developed recently in hurricanes and earthquakes? quite a few of them, not a seismologist but just thinking in a science way, what could the catalyst be of these weather issues, well out of the box thought of mine is.

DPRK has tested a few nukes this year underground, think location, ring of fire in pacific basin, DPRK is in that area, so if these tests upset the tectonic plates, seems plausible it will cause a shift in said plates and earthquakes we are seeing now.

Next is hurricanes, as same plates are interlinked with Africa and most if not all hurricanes start life off west coast Africa due to warm waters and wind, then if a plate has shifted and more lava flowing heating up water, hence more hurricanes??

Not my area of science, great with eyes but just throwing this out there, dunno but comments on what you think?

baklogic likes this.
  2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

The US and Russia have tested far more numerous and powerful weapons without significant seismic shifts. Climate change is still the most likely culprit.

DavidGP likes this.
  3. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

No Nibiru near you.

DavidGP likes this.
  5. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Tend to agree with JP - though there appears to be some mixed consensus with scientists re climate change and its effects.

DavidGP likes this.
  6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

DavidGP likes this.
  7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I tend to agree with DavidGP on this, and I also think that these explosions not only affect the tectonic plates,but a spinning top will deviate if it is affected by a light blow, so what about the earth's axis........and spinning speed....
    Also correct me if I am wrong, but don't jet planes use the the jet stream ?- all that high octane fuel, and the emissions within the jet stream must affect the temperature, and could well be a reason for the seemingly increasing variation to its actual shape and position, as it draws hot air up, and cold air down in such varying positions. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science-envi

DavidGP likes this.
  8. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

How come US and Soviet testing didn't knock the Earth off it's axis? Both have detonated significantly more powerful weapons.
    Like climate change?

DavidGP likes this.
  9. Anon-469e6fb48c

Be cause from the 50's or 60's they do these kinda test underground now.But some places are the exception due to the lack of resources needed.

DavidGP likes this.
  10. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

First of all -not off it's axis- ANGLE OF INCLINATION- If 1.5 degrees difference in temperature can make so much influence to the climate in storms etc:, as suggested by those paid to know, then the regarding the earth's axis, -- what would even a quarter of a degree to earth's tilt make to positioning of the poles and related countries- I do not profess to know, just asking the questions
    - Also,testing these horrendous explosive devices must make a difference,- more so, if more, or, less , on a fault line.
    Maybe I am a little naive, but I look at things abstractly, and then try to put the pieces together.
    To me- detonating these bombs on a fault line is total stupidity, and ,perhaps I am wrong, but I have not heard of any other country detonating one on a fault in the plates - but then, until this last few months,it never occurred to me that anyone would dream of setting these things off in such a weak place in the earth's crust - My feeling is that the extra earthquakes, and larger hurricanes may well be directly connected to those underground explosions.
    Larger tests may well have been carried out, -I am not aware of them being on a fault line, but my thoughts are still that they could affect the earth's axis - possibly not yet enough to detect.
    I have seen , somewhere , that the earth's axis was at one time more, or, less perpendicular, whereas now it is something like 23 degress off perpendicular. I understand that the earth also has a wobble, and have read that over long period, this wobble actually affects our seasons and , therefore the weather - Apparently a slight shift has occurred since 2005.
    Personally, I feel we should steer well clear of these faults in the plates where we can- all that molten metal that makes up the core of our world surely would affect something, including spin speed , and axis inclination......

DavidGP likes this.
  11. Anon-469e6fb48c

It is plane stupidity.

Look at California for instance who in there right mind would build a sub way under a city that continues to have earth quakes every year.

Did you ever watch the movie
    Volcano (1997)

It's kinda like that in many way's.

A lot of these movies and Tv shows predicted a lot of stuff.

Like for one instance Trump would be president.The Simpsons predicted that.

DavidGP likes this.
  12. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Yet the massive testing the US carried out in the western part of the country did not set off any of the volcanoes or fault lines that run up the western coast. The 'Ring of Fire' that concerns you so much runs along the entire west coast of the US, far closer to our test sites than to those in North Korea.

No one is detonating nuclear explosives on fault lines, especially not North Korea, situated near the center of the Eurasian plate. Because the shockwaves from the explosions are detectable by seismometers does not mean they caused earthquakes.

DavidGP likes this.
  13. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

upload_2017-9-25_9-53-13.png
    OMG!!! It's true!

The Simpsons Predicted The Future
    upload_2017-9-25_9-54-31.png

upload_2017-9-25_9-55-41.png
    He looks better as a cartoon....acts like one toon, so that's a match!​

Sorry...just couldn't resist that...back to the serious stuff...('fraid all this technical stuff is way over my head)

DavidGP likes this.
  14. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Trump was the presidential nominee of the Reform Party in 2000.
    Also have a look at this.
    http://www.snopes.com/simpsons-trump-prediction/

DavidGP likes this.
  15. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

The ocean is a carbon sink. It has easily absorbed more than 2/3 of the carbon produced by human activity. Think seltzer water.

This drop in pH will also reduce the amount of available carbonate ions, which mollusks and crustaceans use to build shells. Where we're headed when the carbon cycle is out of whack is no great mystery. Five mass extinctions in 540 million years and counting...

DavidGP likes this.
  16. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Indeed on US and Rus, most above ground IIRC, but as DPRK is underground and in same place each time, I just get a niggle with all thats going on now, latest is at least two volcanos likely to blow in the pacific area, those are not climate related like weather issues we having. I have no answer and any suspicion is not right/wrong, we dont know. Just a small neuron fired in my mush of a brain the other week thinking of too many weather and sceismic events to just be climate related 100%

17. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

A lot of arguments going on both sides...have to admit with the daily, constant "natural" disasters occurring which have been coinciding with what's been going on with DPRK tests now again has me rethinking plausibility...either that or we're bordering onto the "end of the world" prediction coming true.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds