Connected Wifi But No Internet

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jassmin, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

You say you have recently reinstalled your Vista. What version is it? (type winver into Start)

2. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

It§s Windows Vista Home Premium
    Version 6.0

3. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

I know that is crappy but it worked fine before reinstall. I really don't understand what happened.

4. Earthling

You should be on Version 6.0 (Build 6002 Service Pack 2). This is why the system is not working as it should. I really don't know atm whether the Vista updates are still available but you need them.

EDIT - run Windows Update

dr.moriarty likes this.
  5. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

That's bad. Vista is not supported anymore, right?

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

7. TimW

No, but the service pack is still available as in the link I just posted.

8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

9. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

Thank you, very kind of you.

10. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

11. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

That's why I gave you the official Microsoft guide to it. It will also be available in your native language by changing the country code in the link. If you didn't already know about UAC in Windows, then you definitely need someone else to help you who does.

12. Earthling

Tim's link includes this -

Service Pack 2, the latest service pack for both Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista, supports new types of hardware and emerging hardware standards, includes all of the updates that have been delivered since SP1, and simplifies deployment, for consumers, developers, and IT professionals.

Let's hope that isn't what it means

13. Earthling

UAC simply asks you, for certain actions, whether you want to do it and if so to say so. Don't worry about it, it isn't currently your problem.

14. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

OK, thanks again .... so basically with this OS reinstall I went from the Stone Age to Ice Age, correct?

15. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

OK. I will try to install that ... hopefully. Thank you for assistance.

16. Earthling

Best of my knowledge the last ice age preceded the stone age so no, not quite that bad ;), or maybe that is what you meant.

17. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Plenty of people with Vista without SP2 are able to download programs and then run them. If a user can't get a program to run in Vista SP1 it is not clear that will change in SP2 but it is best to have that. The issue now is can the OP download SP2 and will it run.

18. Earthling

No action necessary, it's built into Vista

19. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

Yes but there is language issue problem.

20. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

Yes. Cause i went back even further in the past.

21. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Go to an IT support forum in your own language, or find a friend, relative or other person you know, who understands how to maintain a Windows system.

22. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

What I meant is that service pack is not supporting language version of my OS. My OS is not English version. What I don't like at all. I prefer originals.

23. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Microsoft provides all tools, downloads and guides in every single language on this planet.
    What is YOUR native language?

24. Earthling

If you used Windows Update you should get your language version.

25. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

Yes I could ask my american ex who is perfect IT geek but I don't talk to him right now ....

26. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

What is your language?

27. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

It told me to remove selected language or find my language version.

28. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

29. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

Slovak.

30. TimW

The language doesn't matter. Just download and install the service pack.

31. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

I am trying to download it second time - I got this message: "Windows has detected unsupported language files. To continue, obtain a version of the service pack that supports the language files listed below. Or, uninstall the language files listed below and then restart the installation."
    I am not making up the stories.
    Checking how can I uninstall slovak language what is listed below.

32. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

There is this link :https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ry-to-install-windows-vista-service-pack-2-or

33. TimW

Depending on whether your system is 32 bit or 64 bit ( probably 32 bit) the link will take you to the standalone service pack that contains all languages.

935791 How to obtain the latest Windows Vista service pack.

34. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

I think I have SP2 installed already. Sorry. Didn't notice that.
    Should I download Windows 7 upgrade advisor?

35. TimW

We are way off from your original issue. Do you have an ethernet cable that you can connect the computer directly to the router? If so, do so.

36. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

37. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

Using it. Yes we are far away. But it is due to driver booster download problem. Isn't there similar program? I will stop posting. This is never ending story.

38. TimW

Open device manager and see if there are any ! marks on your network adapters.

39. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

No, checked already.

40. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

41. TimW

Have you flushed your DNS settings? IF not:

Click on start and in the search type CMD. When the Command prompt opens, right click and choose run as administrator, then type in this:

ipconfig /flushdns

Exit the Command prompt.

Stop and start WiFi adapter at laptop.

42. TimW

The other thing you should do is call your ISP and have them see if they can connect to your router.

43. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

It does matter precisely because the OP said language was a problem in post #69. If it wasn't, the problem would have been resolved a long time ago.

44. Earthling

Read #16

45. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

Yes I have service pack 2 installed. It says now. Also internet connection is ok. Talked to provider. So have no clue.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds