Need Help With A Wireless Speaker

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by Primroselite, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Primroselite

Primroselite Private E-2

I recently received a Bose Soundtouch 10 speaker, and I have gotten it to play a podcast or two from my iphone, but I want it to play an audio stream from a web site that has no app. If I go into the bose app on my phone and search the name of the web site I get just 2 shows that have been packaged in an app called TuneIn. If I log in to the web page instead and play the stream, it only comes out of my iphone and doesn't connect to my Bose speaker. My question is this - does this Bose speaker only play audio from select sources it has a deal with? I'm baffled, because the last time I bought speakers they played whatever the hell you wanted them to play. They didn't market apps to me. If anyone knows this product and can tell me what, if anything, I am missing here, please enlighten me. I know this post sounds cranky. I can't help it - I'm feeling very cranky right now.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Can't find anything on your issues. Do you have the Spotify app on your phone?

3. Primroselite

Primroselite Private E-2

Yes, I do have Spotify and it plays through the speaker, but only if I'm paying. Spotify free does NOT play through the Bose Soundtouch.

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Connect your iPhone to the speaker via Bluetooth.

6. Primroselite

Primroselite Private E-2

Thank you - that worked! Listening on bluetooth now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds