Inspectre Questions

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-9aee479f8f, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

on a Win10I downloaded InSpectre from Major Attitudes link in Test, Understand, And Protect Against The Spectre And Meltdown Vulnerabilities
    https://forums.majorgeeks.com/threa...meltdown-vulnerabilities.318191/#post-2009543

I saved it to Downloads then go there and right click on it and click Run as administrator. It opens up InSpectre and it says I am not proctected.
    It shows: System is Meltdown procted:NO! System is Spectre procted:NO! Performance:Good
    Under Guidance & Observations: It is telling me I need to update to a newer version of Windows 7, 8.1, or 10. I have Win10 fully updated. So not sure why it says that. ??
    But at the bottom where there are options to click to Enable Meltdown Protection or Enable Spectre Protection they are greyed out so I can't click on them.

I have never updated BIOS before. I understand I need the info on my motherboard and need to go to their site and download update there. In Major Attitudes video he explained what to do if I have trouble after updating BIOS which entails removing the back and resetting. This is an ASUS 11" Notebook and to open it up requires removing 8 screws on the back, even removing the battery requires removing screws. A pain for sure. So I am not looking forward to that if I have a problem.
    Wondering why the options are greyed out, and curious as to why it tells me I need to update my Windows Operating System on a Win10 machine. I have not checked my Win7 yet. Also what to do now? Suggestions?

AtlBo likes this.
  2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    AtlBo likes this.
  3. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

AtlBo likes this.
  4. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Thanks, I will check those links out.

AtlBo likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds