Who Wants To Beta Test Something And Maybe Make A Couple Bucks?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corporal Punishment, May 22, 2024.

1. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Administrator Staff Member

We have been working on incorporating a company that pays you to take surveys for large companies looking to get marketing data. The survey section would be tied to your MajorGeeks forum login but not shared at all. Its just the device we are using to remember "you". When you fill out a profile, a random number is generated - that becomes the only identifier.

It's a bit clunky right now, but if you click the link, your username for the forum should work to initiate the process.

You fill out a profile, then if you match the criteria, surveys will show up at different values. From $1 to $10, depending on your profile and what's available. Once you earn over 10.00, you can get gift cards to Amazon and the like - or donate the money to charity.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/survey

If this sort of thing interests you, please kick the tires on it and see what you think. Does it work? Do you get surveys worth filling out? That sort of thing... Thanks!

2. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I'm up for it, *cracks knuckles* Let's see how this goes.

3. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

So, i filled out the Profile(s) section, and then the survey's disappeared.

4. Corporal Punishment

ugh -- what happens if you clear your cookies and log back in

5. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Nothing. I also can't clear the profiles, if I try to unclick everything it says an answer is required and won't let me save it. But hey! We're figuring it out.

6. Corporal Punishment

Nah browser cookies. I noticed today a bunch showed up in my profile where I had like 3 before. May take a little to fill the feed.

..or they aren't interested in the opinion of redheads. That's possible. ;)

Fred_G and Gensuknives like this.
  7. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

That's fair, you can only answer "Smite them all" so many times...

the mekanic and Fred_G like this.
  8. Corporal Punishment

LOL -- Too true!

9. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I will try it on my phone. Plenty of time to kill the first two weeks of June...

Tried, link goes to a blank screen.

10. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I don't meet the criteria for any of the surveys. Was able to create account and such on my PC.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds