What's New With You?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wenchie, Jun 15, 2024.

1. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Hey Folks, checking in to see how everyone is doing this week.

What's new? Anything amazing? Need support for something?

The horrors persist. Yet I remain silly.

2. JonahWales

JonahWales Master Sergeant

i had flu or a bad cold-terible

3. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Aw, are you on the mend now? I hope you get well soon.

4. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

Get well soon!

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Done with my main job until July! Well, in an hour and 22 mins. But who is counting?:D

fleppen likes this.
  6. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

As of now, enjoy the holidays!

Fred_G likes this.
  7. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Speaking of, is anyone doing anything fun for their holiday?

8. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

Looking for a flat exchange.

You would think people would like to be where I am in Edinburgh in terms of where the housing is situated, because I live near the city's main hospital, and it is close to the middle of the town as well. But my apartment building has a dark history, as two men were murdered on the floor below me in 2022.

The guys who did it were father and son. The dad previously had a jail term for disfiguring his partner with a corkscrew.

After inviting the two men separately to the accommodation, they used hammers, knives, and blowtorches to unleash their inner sadism.

The building is also full of mice. I have seen or heard them all the time since I moved there in 2018, so their droppings are everywhere.

I viewed the flat in the fall of 2017, but I had to wait a few months to move in as the flat was empty and needed painted, carpets put down, etc.

I'm wanting to relocate to be nearer to my family, but I don't feel any attachment to the flat now as my mum passed away. She came up to help me get shopping, but her health went downhill a few years ago. But another issue is that the concierges there like to act like stool pigeons for the pigs.

The police wanted to arrest me at Easter about some stupid stuff to do with an AdultWork.com sex worker who was being obnoxious online, and they basically got them to look out for me returning to the building. I kind of suspected they offered me the flat because there is CCTV and staff there. Normal flats have neither.

Of course, I didn't think of that at the time, since I was just glad to have my own space again. Years ago, I was in supported housing. The workers they employed were idiots. I have had a long ordeal because of them. So everyone knows about it, and wants me watched.

9. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

Too bad it isn't America, corkscrew murder notoriety is a plus, especially if you can still see the stains... it's a whole thing. Nasty stuff.

SCT Guy likes this.
  10. Bob D

Bob D Private E-2

There was a summer storm this morning.
    Heavy rain. Some wind. Thunder and lightning. Lasted about 3 hours.
    blew the heck out of nap time.

11. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

What's a holiday? I'm currently the entire department by myself.

Fred_G likes this.
  12. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

What are you, the department parent?

13. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

"concierges there like to act like stool pigeons for the pigs."

Curious what that means. What is the concierge?

14. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

After thinking about it, you are saying the staff is ratting folks out to law enforcement. Pigs seems a bit rude, but we are from many different sections of the world.

15. SCT Guy

SCT Guy Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds