2002 VPremier Intel 4 Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by poorfolkstech, Oct 19, 2005.

1. poorfolkstech

poorfolkstech Private E-2

Hi. Anyone ever heard of this brand of Computer. I need some help to reformat it. It has Windows XP Home Edition on it. I can't get the Recovery CD to boot on it's on and run. Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Nope not heard of that brand of PC, nor can I find a website for them, so as I normally do, I'll jump in with both feet!

Have you set in your Bios the boot device order to CDROM?
    I hear you ask, how to I get into the Bios.... sadly I dont know for that PC but a rule of thumb, look while you boot your PC for a message quickly come on screen for the key to press to enter the Bios

are there and text files on the recovery disk that may give you instructions on how to use?

3. poorfolkstech

poorfolkstech Private E-2

Thanks Halo. I believe it is a third party computer from Dell. NBC advertised it when it was purchased back in March of 2002. I think that on a Dell to get into Bios it is F12 key but it isn't on this one. Yep maybe someone will get ton here that may know about it. Thanks for your help. PFT

4. 63jesse

63jesse Private E-2

i have one and they are ok. to get to bios, as computer boots up, hold down the delete key and press f12 repeatedly. then go to advanced bios and select your computer to boot off of the cd at start up. after it reinstalls xp, repeat to get to bios and set to start up on hard drive. good luck. paul

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

63jesse, welcome to MajorGeeks but please look at the date of the thread before you offer a suggestion. Since this one is from 2005, chances are good that the OP has either found a solution or is using a different computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds