Accidental 'bait and switch'?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by pat71896, Dec 28, 2013.

1. pat71896

pat71896 Private E-2

In a recent newsletter, MG :)major) offered a coupon for a software that I really felt was a good one for me.

I have 3 laptops, 2 HP and 1 Toshiba, each of them with their own issues.

Yesterday, I went to the site where the 3 computer price was marked down to $79 from $99. There was no place for a coupon. I asked them what was the problem and they said that price is the 'sale' price.

Today, the $99 has no markdown but a place for a coupon.

I am retired and have financial issues, this situation has significant consequences for me. I am sorry to discuss such a small amount, but it is not small for me.

This smells a lot like a bait and switch. I don't think it was intentional unless it was for the vendor.

Pat

BTW, I found out that if you ask for a download that is not bloated with all the auxillary software, they did give me a link to a clean program. I appreciate that.

I am very pleased to be able to have MG as a partner to keep my computers running well. YOU ROCK! :wave

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI Pat

Cheers for the comments, I have pinged the Owners of Majorgeeks to have a look at this for you.

3. pat71896

pat71896 Private E-2

Thank you! I do have a screen print that shows there was a $79 offer at the same time as the coupon offer from MG.

MG, and I agree, feel it is an incident on the part of the vendor. MG is not erring in this issue at all.

I do understand that is it a matter of about $15, but switching the rules in mid stream is not appropriate. A solid vendor would take that small hit and let it go.

I am just in a position that warrants me to be watchful of each dollar spent. It is not just the amount, it is also a principle.

Thanks again, I am truly a big fan of MG. :major

Pat

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds