Aloha All 8D

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by linoleumz, Apr 3, 2010.

1. linoleumz

linoleumz Private E-2

Hey everybody! Sweet site you got here, kudos to all of you. When people (i.e. me) are in a pinch, who do they run to? You guys. That says a lot, good job. One thought I had, though, it might make it easier for newcomers if it was more clear that their thread posts would not be visible until they are approved. After a couple tries, I finally noticed the notice (ahaha pun) that briefly blipped across my screen after submitting the thread. Before that, though, I was a bit confused and couldn't find any explanation anywhere else on the site. By the way, how long does the "approval" process generally take for one thread? It's been about 20-30 mins for me so far with no success... :confused

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to MGs. :)

There are a number of reasons a post can go into moderation. One is a new member posting links. This is because of all the spam that forums get hit with. Another can be excessive use of punctuation such as "...". To be honest, you are lucky this thread didn't go in for that reason, since normally it does.

When it gets approved depends on when you posted and if there is a moderator on at the time. We try to check regularly. I happen to be on, so I've approved your post. :) It is more likely to be approved quicker during the day (the day being US/UK time ;)).

3. linoleumz

linoleumz Private E-2

Ahhh I see, that clears things up quite nicely. Thanks a lot for your help.

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG linoleumz :wave Glad you could join us! I think if you have a look around the forum, you will become more familiar with how it is run. Quite simple, really. So, have a look around, and enjoy. ;)

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Like the others of the Greeting club has said, "Welcome to Major Geeks".
    Make yourself at home.

6. linoleumz

linoleumz Private E-2

Wow, I feel so special, really :-D. Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope I'll be able to contribute in some way.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds